Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
lowencope
Who is taking over for hostess ???
November 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM
We know all our snack cakes are going away but don't u think someone else will take over and make them?

Replies

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yeah, absolutely

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

flowers food is seriously considering buying them

i can't say anything else

• BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
    November 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM

People are really going crazy over their Twinkies. Lol. Hopefully someone takes over.

My MIL does customer service for a health insurance company. She actually talked to a woman who was threatening suicide over Twinkies. Yeah, she had to spend an hour and half on the phone talking her down. Craziness.

• LoveVenus
    November 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

It was in talks that a Mexican millionaire, who is the owner of Bimbo snacks will probably be buying hostess.

• shivasgirl
    November 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Walmart's Great Value generic Twinkies and Ding Dongs are better than Hostess and are not made with beef fat

• CorpCityGrl
    November 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I have a feeling that either someone will take over or someone will buy the recipes.  Because Hostess makes such beloved, iconic products I find it hard to believe that there isn't someone out there who is willing to buy these recipes in order to perpetuate the making of them.

• 0oSamanthaKayo0
    November 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    Bimbo own entennmans...

Quoting Anonymous:

there are enough other competitors than bimbo that there's really no danger of a monopoly.  tastee kakes, little debbie, entemanns.  truly, when I think of Bimbo, I start hearing La Cucaracha in my head.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Most likely. Bimbo Bakeries USA, if it doesn't give them a monopoly. Google them, they own most of that market already....
    People are going crazy it isn't the first time Hostess has gone under.

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

• Goobieville
    November 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Hostess products are already made by a different company in canada, so it isnt changing anything here. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM

huh.  you learn something new every day!

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Bimbo own entennmans...

Quoting Anonymous:

there are enough other competitors than bimbo that there's really no danger of a monopoly.  tastee kakes, little debbie, entemanns.  truly, when I think of Bimbo, I start hearing La Cucaracha in my head.

Quoting 0oSamanthaKayo0:

Most likely. Bimbo Bakeries USA, if it doesn't give them a monopoly. Google them, they own most of that market already....
    People are going crazy it isn't the first time Hostess has gone under.

Quoting Anonymous:

I heard this am that Groupa Bimbo is buying the company. 

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    November 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Hallelujah, it would suck if I couldn't buy sweet sixteen donuts anymore, lol!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts