Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Three years later and I still have not snapped back
by Anonymous
November 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I am still not back to my normal self from having dd. She is going to be three in Dec. I am just exhausted ALL.THE.TIME. It doesn't matter if I sleep for six hours or 12. By 9am I can barely keep my eyes open. Before dd I could go days on four or five hours of sleep, I almost never slept more than 7 hours unless I was sick. I'm just tired of being tired! I take a B vitamin, and exercise every morning, I eat a ton of fruit and veggies, my doctor has done all of the routine labs and everything came back good. Has anyone else had probelms snapping back after the baby was born, even after years?

Replies

• pookah1203
    November 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    Have you had your thyroid checked? What about depression?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM
    Tyroid came back ok. My doctor regularly checks it about once a year bc my mom has a disease.
    I am really not depressed at all. I am happier now and in a better place than I have been in a very long time.

Quoting pookah1203:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    Hahahaha "snapping back" is a joke. I've met like 4 people in my life who "snapped back"
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM
    Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahahaha "snapping back" is a joke. I've met like 4 people in my life who "snapped back"

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM
    Following!
  • chas1217
    November 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    Did your dr check your vit d levels? I have a vitamin d deficiency and I am so tired all the time, it's awful.
  • hip2it
    by hip2it
    November 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

How's your iron? I became anemic after having a child and I was always exhausted before getting on iron and keeping it leveled.

• cklamour
    November 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    My tiredness is from lack of sleep. The last time I slept restfully was when I was six months pregnant...my son is four and a half lol
  • Grumpylilpixy
    November 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Depression is a  evil thing hun, it can even strike when you have everything in life on track and you are "Happy" over all. It can make you feel things are spinning out of control when they aren't. It can make you tired, lethargic, feel ill when you aren't and it can make you irritable and agitated, give you anxiety, worry and this list goes on. If everything has came back "Normal".. make an appointment with a counselor and if you can afford it a Psychiatrist.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tyroid came back ok. My doctor regularly checks it about once a year bc my mom has a disease.
    I am really not depressed at all. I am happier now and in a better place than I have been in a very long time.

Quoting pookah1203:

• pookah1203
    November 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    It can even be caused by a chemical imbalance. I would get checked to be on the safe side.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Depression is a  evil thing hun, it can even strike when you have everything in life on track and you are "Happy" over all. It can make you feel things are spinning out of control when they aren't. It can make you tired, lethargic, feel ill when you aren't and it can make you irritable and agitated, give you anxiety, worry and this list goes on. If everything has came back "Normal".. make an appointment with a counselor and if you can afford it a Psychiatrist.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pookah1203:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts