Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I bought my 15 y/o DD a vibrater.
by Anonymous
November 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM

We have always had a really open relationship about sex and her boyfriends. Shes been dating her current for abut a year and half, he is a a junior. Last week she went on a group date to our county fair. A couple days later she ask if she could be placed on the pill. I told her sure. I ask her why and if she was ready. She told told me at the fair she and her boyfriend "hooked up" (oral sex). She said after that it was kinda awkward and both of them felt weird about it. She said she doesn't think either of them are really ready to go there yet but that when they are together it's just kinda hard to stop (hence the want for pills).

I told her that they both are probably not ready for sex but more sexually frustrated than anything else. I told her thats completely normal and that sex before both of them are really ready isnt the answer. She knows sex is a very emotional act, especially your first, and can't be taken back. I also told her there are things they an do as a couple and be herself to releave some of the tension. I talkedher about heavy petting and mutual masturbation and sex toys (for her own personal use). We talked about setting limits and protecttion a little more indepthly than before.

e looked up sex toys on amazon and I helped her pick something out small and talked to her about proper care for it when it get's here. We also discussed putting her on depo. We went and bought condoms for her room and purse, dental dams, spermacide from amazon.

I'm proud of her for being open with me. I would rather know and help than not know and pop up with a grand child or her being regretful for doing something she was not prepared for. I hope that when she really is ready she will come to me again.

How would you have handled it?

Replies

• Stephd710
    November 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    I agree. I don't think they will give a 15 year old mirena anyway. I'm 31 and my Dr didn't want me on it until I'm in a stable relationship. I suggest the pill and mom needs to just give it to her everyday to make sure she takes it.

Quoting -spork2.0-:

Mirena is *not* a good idea for someone who has not given vaginal birth before.

Quoting ninjakids:

Look into mirena :) its what Im looking into. I started depo at her age and did great for two years and stopped taking it. That's when they changed the formula, i went back on it and i went down to ( after second ds ds) 170 pp & after one shot of depo Im up to 190 with no change in diet and breastfeeding...not to mention the constantly getting sick etc. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

She is kinda forgetful and i'm worried she wont remember pills :/

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

• Redwall
    by Redwall
    November 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Good heavens, your daughter is 15!  Don't encourage it!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    Encourage what?

If anything I prevented her from going too far before she is ready.

Quoting Redwall:

Good heavens, your daughter is 15!  Don't encourage it!

• Anonymous 1
    November 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

BUMP!

• babylove041810
    November 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    This only please don't put her on depo. It really is terrible especially for young girls.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. I honestly think you did the right thing. I hope my relationship with my dd is that open and honest when she gets older.
  • Anonymous 1
    November 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM

BUMP!

• MrsCrissyHall
    November 23, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I hope that my husband and I are that open with our children. I think you handled it wonderful, and when my time comes to handle the sex thing with my children, I hope I can look back on this and take some of this and apply it. To be completely honest the title caught me off guard and I was like WTF?! But after reading it I'm proud of your daughter for being so responsible. =) And I idolize your open relationship with her. 

• malibucj
    November 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I can't say that I would do that for my child. But I do respect you for trying to make sure she does it in a healthy and safe way.

• jpoveda2000
    November 24, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Talking to your daughter about sex, and safety is one thing. Buying a dildo for your daughter is out of line. Are you encouraging your daughter to have sex? At her age she will do it eventually, but I do not agree with you as a mother allowing both. I respect your decision, but I most certainly do not agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

• Casperstalks
    November 24, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    I was on depo for 2 1/2 years, didnt get my period and LOVED it. I'd say try it for maybe 2 shots, if she doesn't like it, go to ortho tri cyclen lo. It's a monthly bc pill, but works wonders, especially if she has bad cramps. It's all about her body and how it reacts with her... Well... Body. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you suggest?

She is kinda forgetful and i'm worried she wont remember pills :/

Quoting ninjakids:

Depo will make her miserable! Trust me.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!