Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
In your opinion, Do Employers laugh when they see "University Of Phoenix online" ....
by Anonymous
November 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
listed on your resume or job app?

Replies

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM

UoP is a big scam school. I can't believe they're still in business. They did a whole 20/20 or Dateline thing on their BSedness years ago!

• pampire
    by pampire
    November 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM

That's good to hear.  I have a few friends that are taking courses thru them!

Quoting piratehooker:

No! Absolutely not. As someone who has hired people, it looks good you went to college.

• NikiSellers0806
    November 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    I was already planning on transferring at the end of this year, I haven't been happy with my experience at UOPX at all. Our classes are 4 weeks long, I go on campus one night a week and most of the instructors don't take it seriously....our "classes" are a joke. Class is from 6-10 and most of the time we don't do anything but sit there and shoot the shit all night.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Do an online search, and read the reviews from alumni. I would highly suggest transferring.

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

Y'all are scaring me LOL, I attend Phoenix right now and I've already got ALOT of $$ in it. Tuition is almost 10g per year!

Quoting Litlmama87:

That school is like attending Clown College.

• almondpigeon
    November 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    Probably not as much as they used to. I hired for my department for years & never had a resume with that on it.
  • foreveryoung921
    November 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    Me too...for grad school. Did my undergrad at UTD. :-)

Quoting Jess0915:

No clue. I didn't go there. I went to SMU.

• xixCandyxix
    November 18, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Most likely they do. I want to study nursing anyway and you can't do that online so no worries for me..

• Sweet0.0Cheeks
    November 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have 30 credits from UoP and 9k in it. I did not finish the degree because i didn't want to be 20k in debt and nothing to show for it. The classes are ridiculously easy too and I am not very bright. lol

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    November 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    I went there, nothing counted, community college is a better bet.
  • Aydans_Mommy
    November 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    That place was a waste of time. I went there for a year and transferred out.
  • foreveryoung921
    November 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    I simply do not believe that an online school can provide an educational experience comparable to that of attending class at a university. I understand that some people have time constraints, but where there is a will, there is a way. Personally, I wouldn't hire a University of Phoenix online grad because it reflects a distinct lack of drive. No offense intended to anyone.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN