Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Dogs * what do you recommend?
by Anonymous
November 18, 2012 at 6:26 AM
Homeowner with a decent size yard. Yard will be fenced soon. Someone almost always home. Dog will be inside and outside. 3 children 10, 6 and 2. There will be a newborn next year. I don't care for tiny or very large dogs.

What would you recommend for this family ?

Replies

• Danapopcorn
    November 18, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Lab!

• thefiregoddess
    November 18, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Curly-Coated Retriever 100% match

The curly is the most graceful and elegant of the retrievers, appearing longer legged and more agile than the others. It has an alert upright carriage, enabling it to mark downed animals easily, be they fur or feather. It is an active land retriever and a hardy water retriever, able to withstand the rigors of repeated retrieves into heavy thickets or cold waters. Its distinctive coat provides protection from cold and briars and is made up of a dense mass of tight curls

I did a survey online lol.

• mommyof11050307
    I have a dombermen and she's so sweet. She's still a puppy though high energy.
  • thefiregoddess
  • XJetX
    by XJetX
    November 18, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    I love pits. Ill get bashed for that but Idc. I advocate for the breed. Wonderful family dogs, great with kids, loving personalities, the list goes on and on :)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 18, 2012 at 6:30 AM

ive been grooming dogs for about 20 yrs , the friendliest family dogs ive met are goldens and labs , and of course mutts are great too stay away from chows they are not friendly

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    Never heard of such ! lol I will google !

Quoting thefiregoddess:

The curly is the most graceful and elegant of the retrievers, appearing longer legged and more agile than the others. It has an alert upright carriage, enabling it to mark downed animals easily, be they fur or feather. It is an active land retriever and a hardy water retriever, able to withstand the rigors of repeated retrieves into heavy thickets or cold waters. Its distinctive coat provides protection from cold and briars and is made up of a dense mass of tight curls

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    It also depends on how active your family is. If your more laid back, the something like a basset hound but if your a more energetic family a lab would be good.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    I've never had or known one. Just hear the horror stories. I looked online at the local pounds and one is full of Pitts. The one in the city... Coincidence ?

Quoting XJetX:

I love pits. Ill get bashed for that but Idc. I advocate for the breed. Wonderful family dogs, great with kids, loving personalities, the list goes on and on :)
  • thefiregoddess
    November 18, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Me either, but I selected low maintence, not up your butt, requires minimal daily exercise, good with kids, a protector but not a hunter/dominant protector (think not a guard dog) and minimal grooming, as well as good with commands and easy to train.

Interesting looking dog.

Quoting Anonymous:

Never heard of such ! lol I will google !

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts