Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Tonight I found out that I have tonsil stones
by Anonymous
November 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM
They are small yellowish white balls that come up from the back of your throat. They smell bad, too. For the last few days I have been hacking cause I felt like there was something in the back of my throat. Tonight I look and there's 2 white balls lodged on the left side, looking disgusting. One was kind of big so I took a qtip and took the big one out. The other one was too small and the big one broke off but I got some of it. It's fucking disgusting and now I don't even want to eat. I want them out so bad but I keep gagging and even threw up a little bit. I read that If I get my tonsils removed, they will go away. I do tend to have problems with them anyway.

Replies

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    November 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

You can use manual irrigation to help keep them at bay.  Ask your dentist about oral irrigation, but be sure to tell him you want to use it on your tonsils.  Certain irrigations that are electrically powered can be too strong and rupture the tonsils, resulting in further complications.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    White build up that stinks and gets lodged in the tonsils. It's food and bacteria build up and comes out in small balls. If you have problems with your tonsils already, you may get them (you being general).

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ugh I am really confused ...WTH are you talking about.

• crescentstar2

That's the mouthwash I use. Has peroxide and not alcohol I really think it helps I use it every day

• tracey111005
    Tonsil stones were the reason I got my tonsils removed. I was 30. Horribly painful recovery but so glad I got it done.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

• lovinmyboys...
    November 18, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    Cepacol makes an antibacterial mouthwash. Walgreens carries it. It is @ $4.00-$5.00...which is cheaper than Crest 3D.
  • Anonymous 1
    Yes!! So freaking gross.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

• KeepJeep
    I got those all of the time until I had my tonsils taken out. I haven't had them since!
  • Anonymous 1
    November 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    Oh damn, that's what I was using when I was deployed.

Quoting crescentstar2:

That's the mouthwash I use. Has peroxide and not alcohol I really think it helps I use it every day

• Anonymous 1
    November 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    Thanks. I need to set up an appointment to get my teeth cleaned anyway so I can ask when I go for that.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

You can use manual irrigation to help keep them at bay.  Ask your dentist about oral irrigation, but be sure to tell him you want to use it on your tonsils.  Certain irrigations that are electrically powered can be too strong and rupture the tonsils, resulting in further complications.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN