Mom Confessions

Anonymous
How often do you go out?
by Anonymous
November 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

How often do you go out and do something just you? Lunch with friends, movies, a walk, anything, just YOU time? How often does DH go out with friends or do something he wants?

I haven't gone out in over six months. my life consists of cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, running them here and there, doing whatever DH needs me to do. I don't have many friends, and the two friends I do have are both single moms with multiple children, and they can never find a sitter, nor afford to do anything. Dh has a few friends, and he's often gone out. He's gone to the movies and had game nights several times in the last couple of months. I'm always home with the kids. My parents are elderly and not in great health, so they can't watch them like they used to, and his mom works constantly. I don't like asking friends to babysit, although I do babysit their kids sometimes.

My BFF asked if I wanted to go see Twilight with her tonight, and while I hate the series and movies, I'm going to go because I'm just run down and exhausted, and just need a break away.. My 20 yo sister is home from college for break, so she's going to babysit them...I'm just hoping BFF's dad can watch her kids, or else we can't go. 

Replies

• Northcuttswifey
    November 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    Its been a year lol. To busy with three boys and a husband. School soccer football etc..
  • UgtaBkdnMe
    November 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Often, at least once a week. Normally with DH.

• .thatsme.
    November 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Just went out today. Me and my bff went and got piercings and out to eat for lunch. Before today I can't even tell you the last time.
  • itsm3
    by itsm3
    November 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

all the time!  we both make it a point to spend time as a family AND with our friends separately.  it's all about balance; balance is important to stay sane and be happy :)

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM

My husband doesn't really going places.  He prefers to stay home.  I love going places.  So I usually go places with my boys and meet up with friends during the week.  I usually go about 2-3 times per week.  I also will go to the gym or run errands while my kids are in class twice per week.  

• alwayskk
    November 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I do it pretty often.

I make my own work schedule right now so I'm taking advantage of that. It's easy for me to pop in for a pedicure when I don't have to be at work until 11.

The kids also spend two or so nights at their dad's or my mom's each month so if I feel like going out, I will.

If you have a sitter and she doesn't, go somewhere by yourself.

• KairisMama
    November 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Rare but I have no interest.

I will see BD2 this Wednesday with my SIL.
  • Dzyre1115
    November 18, 2012 at 9:13 AM

At least once a week.  Last night my mother, my two sisters and I went out for a drink to see a friends new restaurant.  This week I have a breakfast date with a friend, etc.  I get plenty of time for me.  My husband is a volunteer firefighter and that is where his, "me", time comes in. 

• anyotherday
    November 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Everyone at work hits up the chinese restaurant on friday nights after we close. Not everyone makes it every week, but its a lot of fun and sometimes we hit the bar next door afterward.

• brittany208
    November 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

me--maybe once a month when DH's cousins get together for girls' night.

DH--once or twice a week to a friend's house, or out to the bar with them to watch a football game.

He wishes he could go out more (all of his friends are single and hang out all the time), but stays home to be a good family man. I am quite content with not going out much. I know I can anytime I want.

Mom Confessions