Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
so powerless.. want to cry
by Anonymous
November 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
My stbxh won't pay cs and keeps giving me the run-around. I've tried to talk to the cs office for 3 months about doing something about it but they keep telling me they can't do anything yet. I've tried applying for jobs online but no response and we can't afford childcare for me to go to school. Cs is the only way ill be able to afford their christmas presents but now I might not even be able to do that (and im not asking my df to pay for them either bc its not his responsibility). I have this sinking feeling he's going to keep the money and buy the presents he wants but won't pay me until after. I'm a wreck, I can't stop crying and feel like such a piece of sh** bc I probably won't be able to give my kids the Christmas I want them to have.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Bump
  • crescentstar2
    November 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Angel tree..hope it gets better

• Anonymous 1
    November 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    Whats angel tree?

Quoting crescentstar2:

• crescentstar2
    November 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

It's a program to help those who are struggling at Christmas time. You can sign your kids up and they'll get a gift 

Quoting Anonymous:

Whats angel tree?

Quoting crescentstar2:

• november117
    November 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    How old are your kids? At our house Christmas is more about family and togetherness than presents. I mean they get presents but we don't emphasize it. I am not criticizing just suggesting maybe go that route this year if they are young enough to not realize the difference. :)
  • othermom
    November 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It is frustrating. My sons father hasn't paid in 5 months now and it would really help for us to get it, but the child support office can't do anything till  he is 2500 behind..   There are ways to make christmas special with out it costing much money. Pick up little things at the dollar store, walmart has lots of inexpensive things too,  make a coupon book of fun things to do later on.  Bake cookies together, make things for them, buy board games for cheap to play together, they will be on sale for cheap for the holidays.

• Anonymous 1
    November 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    They're turning 2 in February. I know my family will make up for my lack of gifts in what they'll give the boys but I feel like ive failed as a parent bc I can't find a way to get them something for christmas...

Quoting november117:

How old are your kids? At our house Christmas is more about family and togetherness than presents. I mean they get presents but we don't emphasize it. I am not criticizing just suggesting maybe go that route this year if they are young enough to not realize the difference. :)

• JZB
    by JZB
    November 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    How old
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    Number one rule about getting child support, never expect, or depend on it because sadly some men are just like you ex and don't take care of their responsibility. I got pregnant as a teen and my mom told me those exact words. I took them in and got a education in nursing because I knew it would always be in demand. My son gets child support but it goes directly in to a savings account for him. I didn't want to relay on anyones money, because things like this happen and kids miss out.

Are you applying for jobs in your career field? Or do you not have a education.
  • Anonymous 1
    November 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    Im applying for any job I even remotely could fill. I quit college when I got prego bc he promised marriage and to care for me (lasted all of 2 months before I found out he was cheating)

Quoting Anonymous:

Number one rule about getting child support, never expect, or depend on it because sadly some men are just like you ex and don't take care of their responsibility. I got pregnant as a teen and my mom told me those exact words. I took them in and got a education in nursing because I knew it would always be in demand. My son gets child support but it goes directly in to a savings account for him. I didn't want to relay on anyones money, because things like this happen and kids miss out.

Are you applying for jobs in your career field? Or do you not have a education.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN