Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ashleywright88
Reducing Fevers....HELP!
November 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Okay, I called the nurse hotline and they have yet to call me back, it has been 3hrs since my first initial call and every thirty minutes thereafter. I am running out of hope of getting info from them. Anyway, my twins are running fevers. One was 103.7 the other was 102.6. I have given them tylenol, baths, and dressed them in light clothing. Fevers are down to 100.3 for both, is there anything else I can do for my little guys? I am keeping them hydrated and everything. I honestly do not see it as an ER emergency, please correct me if I am wrong on this but I was always told that 104 was the red zone and when you rushed to the hospital. Thank you all in advance for your help!

Replies

• ashleywright88
    November 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I guess if it is not a picture of a penis, a 504 post, or a damn FS post it gets no recognition lol.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    Let the fever do its job. If its high for 3 days go to the ER.
  • ashleywright88
    November 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Thank you! I was wondering how long I was suppose to wait before I freaked out and rushed there lol. Again, thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

• roardiva
    November 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    I agree. The fever is the body working to kill the bug. Keep the babies warm though bc fevers tend to give people the chills. I'm always bundled up when I have a fever. Just follow up with the meds if it the kids are miserable. And lots of fluid.

Quoting Anonymous:

• ashleywright88
    November 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Thank you, I guess I am freaking out, like I do everytime they have a fever. I never rush them straight the the hospital but I do everything I can to make them feel well. I just hate seeing them so miserable.

Quoting roardiva:

I agree. The fever is the body working to kill the bug. Keep the babies warm though bc fevers tend to give people the chills. I'm always bundled up when I have a fever. Just follow up with the meds if it the kids are miserable. And lots of fluid.

Quoting Anonymous:

• roardiva
    November 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    I understand that! I hate seeing my babies in pain and not feeling well.

Quoting ashleywright88:

Thank you, I guess I am freaking out, like I do everytime they have a fever. I never rush them straight the the hospital but I do everything I can to make them feel well. I just hate seeing them so miserable.

Quoting roardiva:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Just keep doin what your doin, unless it reaches 104 then take them to th ER.

• monkeyrhea
    November 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

My boys have both had fevers of 104 and acted perfectly fine. The ped said that they didn't need to bee seen unless they were lethargic or dehydrated. It is really more of how they are acting than it is the number on the themometer. I typically don't even give meds for a fever unless it is closer to 102 unless they are complaining of something hurting. How are they behaving? Still playing and walking around? Drinking? I know how scary they can be, but once you go through it a few times it will be no big deal anymore :)

• Momtimestwo
    November 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    You can also alternate Motrin with the Tylenol.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN