Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kidkrazyinAK
No Christmas at my house this year...
November 16, 2012 at 4:50 PM

But it's a good thing.

We are packing up and going on a 16 day vacation to Southern California. Disneyland, here we come!!!! My kids are 14,15 and 16...they have never left Alaska and never been on a plane...the last time I went on a plane or left state was in 1993. 

We agreed...no tree, no presents...just Vacation and we are going all out. Disneyland, Universal Studios, Venice Beach, Sea World, the zoo....and all the restaurants that we don't have in Alaska...Sonic, In & Out Burger, Red Lobster.....and on and on.

35 Days...I feel as excited as my kids  ***Woo Hoo***

Replies

• kidkrazyinAK
    November 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Actually, Louisiana intrigues me...I would love to go there some day.

Quoting allycally:

If you ever want to come to Louisiana we can house swap...lol..I've always wanted to go to Alaska

• Moms_Angels1960
    November 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    You'll have a ball my brother and fis finacee & her kids just came back from there they had so much fun. We want to do that some year also that would be our Christmas too. Have a BALL!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    Places will be open Christmas Day? That's really sad that places will miss out on Christmas with their own families to cater to yours :( I don't mean that the way it comes out because if they weren't open, you probably wouldn't go. But I am talking about all businesses. It makes me sad that they're open on holidays :(
  • terpmama
    November 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM

My family did that a few years (only we went to Mexico).... We exchanged souvinears at the end of the trip, so much fun!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Places will be open Christmas Day? That's really sad that places will miss out on Christmas with their own families to cater to yours :( I don't mean that the way it comes out because if they weren't open, you probably wouldn't go. But I am talking about all businesses. It makes me sad that they're open on holidays :(
  • terpmama
    November 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everybody celebrates Christmas (or any holiday) on the actual day. I us to volunteer for holidays (bonus pay) because it usually worked out better for my family to celebrate a different day. So I still got to celebrate with family and I got holiday bonus pay. 

• BPiccini
    November 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM

OH that's an awesome Chistmas present and Vaca! I live in San Diego, the weather will be perfect during the day and just a little chilly at night (need a hoodie)!

Have SO SO SO much fun!

• AllofFive19
    November 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Ah! That's awesome! Have a fantastic trip!

• GoddessAnna
    November 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    We're taking the auto train to Florida over Christmas. I'm excited too!
  • kidkrazyinAK
    November 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Tell me about it...as a deprived Alaska child, I had to see commercials for things that we didn't see here until I was an adult. 7-11(now gone), K-Mart(now gone), Walmart, Macy's(still don't have one), Walgreens(came about 2 years ago), Long John Silvers(have one, but never been there)...They tortured us...not to mention back then Alaska was on a tape delay, so got all of our TV shows 2 weeks after everyone in "the states" got them...we got movies months after everyone else. We are almost caught up to the real world now.

LOL

Quoting ripemango:

that is just mean!

Quoting kidkrazyinAK:

We get all the commercials for national chain restaurants, but we don't get to ever try it.

Quoting ripemango:

the only thing that stands out is that there arent any red lobsters in Alaska....i didnt know that :P

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts