Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
workingmama86
what do you call your parents?
November 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Do you refer your parents as mom and dad or by their first names now that you are an adult?

I am asking because my boss (64 years old) refers to his late father by his name rather than referring him as "dad". I just find it odd because everyone knows who his dad is (his dad started the company, and the company is his dad's name). 

I call my mom, mom. I call my dad, dad. How about you?

Replies

• HaloWithHorns78
    November 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    Mom and Dad
  • workingmama86
    November 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

awe I'm sorry! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Egg donor and sperm donor. They are horrible people that aren't in my life for numerous reasons and when they come up in conversations that's what they are called. My husband calls is parents mama and pops.

• cmendoza316
    November 16, 2012 at 2:34 PM

mom and dad

• TheLooneyBinMum
    I call my mom either mom or mommy dearest. I call my dad asshole. And I call my stepdad Phil
  • Sarafinn2012

Psh I'm 32 years old and still call my dad "daddy" most the time. :) Although in front of my kids I call them "meme and papa tom". I call my mom "mom, mama, mommy, meme or on occasion MOTHER" it depends on the situation. :) I would never refer to my parents by their first name!

• proudmommy35
    November 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Mom and Dad. 

• LizzieAnnesMom
    November 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM

They are mom and dad. 

Maybe they didnt have that close of a relationship? Or maybe he just does it at work so people know who he is talking about with no further explination.

• Wifeyy2Lette
    November 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    I call my mom either mom or momma.
    My dad (stepdad) is dad, daddy or big nigga (inside joke).
    My biological father I call b his name. (John)
  • Paiute773

I call my parents and step-parents all by their first names, only because I was traumatized by their divorce, I swore they were not my parents anymore..LOL.  My son calls me by name, when he says, Mom, it sounds funny - and we both agree that it doez.

• NyiaBaby216

Well my biological mom didnt raise me, so I dont feel like I CAN refer to her as mom/mommy. She passed when I was 5, but I refer to her by her her nickname Krissie. Her name is Kristen. And my biological father didnt raise me either. When taking to my sisters (half sisters) about him, I refer to him as daddy for their sake, but to anyone else, I also refer to him by his nickname, Ty. His name is Terence. He passed when I was 14.

The only person I refer to as mommy is my great grandmother. She raised me since I was 5 days old, so she's the only mother I know. She passed away April of last year, and I dont even refer to her as "my grandmother" when talking about her (I actually cant remember the last time I have) I just say for example "Mommy was sooooo funny." I miss her so much

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts