Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
DEJavu17
so proud of her!!!!
November 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I was checking fb yesterday when I saw a post from my 15yo SD saying "This is why we NEED phones". They don't have phones currently, even though dh and I just bought them new phones at tax time last year. I called SD to see what was up. She told me this....
Sd12 and their little brother wanted to walk to the coffee shop after school and since its only a few blocks away bm let them go. On the way back this man was driving past them and kept staring at them. He circled the block multiple times and continued to stare. Sd12's alarms were going off and she did not feel safe so she took her little brother and ran to a place where there is an after school program. She gave the instructor details of of the mans car etc and what he looked like and the police were called. No one could get a hold of bm at first but when they did bm freaked. She went to the center to get them and they were fine. Thank god they were! And thank god for sd12's quick thinking! I am so proud of her for remembering to go to a safe place and ask for help. Now maybe bm will pay their for their phones to have service. Who knows what could have happened. Dh was livid....he calmed down though. It was just a fee blocks, but its really scary to think something could have happened so close to her house :(

Replies

• babybelly25
    November 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Smart girl! I would be proud too!! Anything can happen.. anywhere! I hope they get the phones turned on. Sounds like she is a responsible little girl!

• mandy18192
    November 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    Aww good for her! That is scary
  • beerabitch69
    November 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

what a good girl.  YES they need phones.  Hopefully BM will do something about that.

• DEJavu17
    November 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Dh and I made an agreement with bm that we would pay for 6 months service and she would have to pay the other half (every other month). We paid for the phones and a months service.....she did not hold up her end of the deal. We paid another few months but bm refuses to pay. And we really can't afford the whole years phone bill.we have never told her or the girls no when money is needed ( no cs).

Both of my sds are responsible young ladies. I'm so thankful they are too.

Quoting babybelly25:

Smart girl! I would be proud too!! Anything can happen.. anywhere! I hope they get the phones turned on. Sounds like she is a responsible little girl!

• DEJavu17
    November 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    Well SF works for a very large very well known phone manufacturer. He is a big wig in the company.....no reason they can't afford phones.

Quoting beerabitch69:

what a good girl.  YES they need phones.  Hopefully BM will do something about that.

• babybelly25
    November 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Then I hope BM steps up! Not all young girls are responsible enough for phones but your SDs sounds like  perfect candidates! Not to be nosey but do you or BM recieve foodstamps? If you do then you qualify for a free cell phone through safe link. That may be an option.

Quoting DEJavu17:

Dh and I made an agreement with bm that we would pay for 6 months service and she would have to pay the other half (every other month). We paid for the phones and a months service.....she did not hold up her end of the deal. We paid another few months but bm refuses to pay. And we really can't afford the whole years phone bill.we have never told her or the girls no when money is needed ( no cs).

Both of my sds are responsible young ladies. I'm so thankful they are too.

Quoting babybelly25:

• amirahsmommy11
    November 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    What a good girl! I'm proud of her too!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM

You can still call 911 on disconnected phones..at least that's what a lot of people here swear to. I don't know, never tried it.

• embrigmom
    November 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Holly crap! Glad she knew to run to a safe place! Hope that man got caught! And really hope BM pulls her head out of her ass and pays for phones.

• DEJavu17
    November 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    I'm not sure if they found the guy or not. They got a statement from SD and her little brother though. She did not get his license plate but was able to give a description of the car etc. I mean he *could* have been watching them to make sure they were safe or looking for an address but I doubt it. It was enough to make SD feel uncomfortable and that's not cool.

Quoting embrigmom:

Holly crap! Glad she knew to run to a safe place! Hope that man got caught! And really hope BM pulls her head out of her ass and pays for phones.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts