Mom Confessions

Anonymous
what the hell is going on?
by Anonymous
November 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I forgot to check my mail last night so when I dropped my dd off at school I checked it. I had a $400 phone bill, a $300 cable and internet bill, a $40 medical bill, and letter from my worker saying my FS are going down to $41????!!!!

What the hell? This is ridiculous. How the hell am I going to do all this and pay for food too? I'm crying right now because I cant believe this.

Replies

• macbudsmom
    November 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Well for starters get rid of cable and internet and phone. Get an "obamaphone" for free. There I just saved you $700.  = )

• beerabitch69

do you work?

• carterscutie85

One month behind and your phone bill is 400 dollars..that means each month it's 200 bucks!

You do not need food stamps if you can pay that. I have food stamps and my phone bill is 50 dollars through Revol. Unlimited everything and insurance on my phone. My phone isn't fancy, doesn't play games & I can't download anything to it. But it's a phone and does what I need it to do.

No one NEEDS a fancy phone or plan. You won't die without it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only a month behind on bills. But damn this is crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

How the hell did your bills get that high without you noticing?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

That's exactly why I don't check the mail:-p

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I just paid cable bill and it was 300.00 and now I gotta pay my cell bill which is 175.00 for just 2 lines.

Quoting Anonymous:

$400 phone bill?!?! $300 cable?!~?!?! WTF.

• armstrong7984

guess im lucky that my Dads company pays my cell phone bill and internet and cable is only 47.00 a month

geez...thats insane..

• Lizardannie1966

You have $700 in bills between the phone, cable and Internet that needs to be cut back if not completely turned-off.

Unless your TV does not work without it, cable is not a necessity and for that matter, neither is the Internet unless it's used for school.

If this is a cell phone, you have too much phone for what you can afford and even being a month behind.

If this is a home phone, change your plan.

Call the medical facility or office and make arrangements on the $40 bill.

ETA--your food stamp amount may have gone down if you recently reapplied and you've had any increases in your monthly income.

FWIW, I am not trying to judge you or come off sounding harsh. I'm simply trying to help you.

• MaileysMommy

Well to be honest with you if it were between my family eating and the contract I signed I would say to hell with the contract. It will effect your credit, but you can fix it and pay them off later. Sorry your going through this :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I signed a contract. Cant get out of it til this time next year!

Quoting MaileysMommy:

$400 Phone Bill?!?!?? I would say cut back on stuff, get different cheaper service for sure!!

• mandy18192
    November 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    I'm sorry:(
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Still though they shouldnty be that high even with being just a month behind so it looks like you need to change your plans and start looking at other options I rather have food in my house then cable, internet and a phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only a month behind because there was a mix up with my insurance company and my premium. So I couldnt pay them til I got that taken care of. Which it still isnt taken care of.

Quoting Anonymous:

Looks like you need to cut some stuff off and make a payment plan with them if they are going to be that high just being a month behind. We can go two months without paying our bills and they still would never be that high but thats also because we know how to live within our means and not above them

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm only a month behind on bills. But damn this is crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

How the hell did your bills get that high without you noticing?

Mom Confessions