Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
what the hell is going on?
by Anonymous
November 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I forgot to check my mail last night so when I dropped my dd off at school I checked it. I had a $400 phone bill, a $300 cable and internet bill, a $40 medical bill, and letter from my worker saying my FS are going down to $41????!!!!

What the hell? This is ridiculous. How the hell am I going to do all this and pay for food too? I'm crying right now because I cant believe this.

Replies

• 828momof2
    November 16, 2012 at 1:13 PM

it depends on the company. some may suspend your phone so you can't make or receive calls once you're a month late but leave it active so you still get charged the montly fee until they realize you're not going to pay and terminate your service themselves. if you think the money situation is temp, i'd call the cell company and see if you can temporarily suspend service for x amount of months until you get back on your feet. you won't be able to use your phone, but they won't charge the monthly rate or disconnect service. if you're considering terminating the contract, i'd do it now to avoid additional charges. plus, if you call they may surprise you and offer an arrangement that's a much better option for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well thank you ladies for all your comments. I have decided not to pay our phone bill and to just add a landline to my cable and internet bill. I am going to pay our previous balance of $102.37 and then add the phone to it.

Now my question is. How long can you go without paying the bill before they end your contract?

• AF2011
    by AF2011
    November 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM

$400 phone bill and $300 cable and internet bill?!! well thank heavens those are just luxuries and you can do without phone and cable

• Momof5kids84
    November 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    I have direct tv and nearly every channel....my bill is only $130. My Internet bill is $40. A $400 phone bill, are you kidding me??? What the hell are you doing?

I have 5 kids, and our power bill isn't even $400.
  • chalisa0
    November 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Contract just says you are keeping them for service for that number.  It doesn't say that you are getting unlimited data plans-which is the only thing I can think of that would be $400 a month-unless it's a satellite phone???  So, cut way down on your service plan.  Or a better idea is to cut it off and take the $350 loss rather than keep paying $400 a month.  Then, pick up a pre-paid phone or something.

Quoting Anonymous:

I signed a contract. Cant get out of it til this time next year!

Quoting MaileysMommy:

$400 Phone Bill?!?!?? I would say cut back on stuff, get different cheaper service for sure!!

• cherib82
    November 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM
    Holy shit
  • othermom
    November 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Can you call the phone company and cut down your bill by dropping any services same with cable. If the bill is that high, it needs to go.

• sarahsmommy508
    November 16, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    Set up pay arrangments with phone and internet, they will wotk with you
  • Anonymous 29
    by Anonymous 29
    November 16, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I don't know what to say

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts