Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Did You Marry The Right Man?
by Anonymous
November 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Do you ever question wether you married the right one? do you feel that maybe your life would be different either Better or Worse with out him? whats you pov? and be honest we dont want to hear your fairy tale  if its just made up to make your self look better or feel better. 

Replies

• ack86
    by ack86
    November 16, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    There were times in the past that I would have said I made a huge mistake. If we had given up, we would never be where we are today. We're a lot happier and better together now than we were when we got married. Now I will say that yes, I married the right man.
  • rmfanfgljf
    November 16, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    I have no doubts that I married the "one". I have looked back on past relationships and I could not see myself happy, I wouldn't have my three kids, I mean they would different kids, in one case I would be stuck in Colorado and miserable, in another case I would fear for the guys life (he is a lawyer in Mexico, dealing with all the crap there), and the last case I would be alone most of the time, but have everything I could need and everything I would want, but I wouldn't be happy. My husband balances me out, he helps me out, and he surprises me, he loves me and doesn't try to change me, I love him and have no doubts I am where I was/am meant to be.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    He's not the type I would have thought I'd end up with. We are different but so much alike its scary. We are perfect for each other. Sure we have our problems but we are each others missing piece if that makes sense. My life would be so different without him but I don't think my life would be better without him. I would marry him over and over again.
  • Babujai
    by Babujai
    November 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Our relationship isn't perfect, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.  There are times when he says something so ridiculously ignorant and I look at him in disbelief and can't believe I not only married him, but stayed married to him for the last 10 years, but then he always does something unbelievably sweet or thoughtful or helpful that reminds me why he's the one.

• bundleofjoy22
    November 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM

No doubt! He is the best!

• QueenBof6
    November 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    I've never been married. Too scared to marry the wrong one I guess.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    I should have married different
    But I was stupid and married for love.
  • GoddessAnna
    November 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    I know I married the right man. We have gone through hell together, right up to me suggesting a trial separation due to an issue that was tearing us apart. We pushed through it, thankfully.

Now, I can see my life being better if I wasn't married, at least in some aspects: I'd have an easier time pursuing educational and personal goals for one. But I know I'd be lonely. I'm deeply in love with my husband, enough that I have subordinated my own life's wishes to be married to him. It's irrational, but so is love.
  • christina259
    November 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

There was a time in our marriage where I wondered that. Now I realize he WAS the right man for me and I was the right woman for him. (I wasn't perfect either, I later realized) We have learned so much from each other and about ourselves by getting through those tough times. If it weren't for what we came through together, I would still not know what I needed to learn about myself and my issues that I didn't even realize I had and he would still not realize his own wrong doings had we not loved each other enough to hang on and work it out and also to look within ourselves for what was really going on.When it came right down to actually splitting, it just hurt to bad to do so, so we'd try, try again. (This approach is void and null though if someone is in a truly abusive relationship. For some reason I felt I better clarify that :). Just in case) Anyway, after 18 years of marriage and many doubts I have realized maybe I did marry the right man after all. I've learned so much about love along the way and I'm so glad I know what I know now and am still not as clueless as I used to be.It seems like we had to work out the kinks,lol, and now we're great and it feels like we love each other more because of it all. I think dh has also came away with this. So double win. :) I finally realize whats in dh heart and realized he was ok after all. I suppose all couples who come together are different so maybe there are some that don't belong together. My experience with my marriage has lead me to believe that maybe we just know divorce is an option and are too quick to jump ship rather than hang on to each other and work it out no matter how tough it gets. This just leads us to have more issues with the next relationship because we never learned from the first. Sometimes the person you were meant to be with isn't going to be the perfect fairy tale prince. All though thats what we all want, its not always what we all need. (that also don't mean he shouldn't show you love and do nice things for you, it just means we all need to be aware that human beings aren't perfect and they aren't always that perfect fairy tale prince or princess in the movies). There may always be conflicts coming and going in marriage. The important thing is how you both handle those conflicts and resolve them. Forgivness, trust and knowledge help too. The knowledge part will help keep us out of trouble when we decide to forgive and trust. Its what makes the difference between being nieve and putting up with something you shouldn't such as abuse and knowing when its the right thing to do to forgive and trust.

• brettsmomma
    November 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I missed the mark on the first husband. Hoping the second one fares better over the years. :) 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts