Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Girls have to have baths to be clean!
by Anonymous
November 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths

Replies

• angelachristine
    November 16, 2012 at 8:08 AM

is she taking showers instead or just not bathing at all? When i was a kid taking baths used to give me bladder infections no clue why i don't get them now but when i was little i had to take showers. I think it's actually probably cleaner to take showers because you sit in the dirty water in a bath. I still like to take baths every now and then to relax though.

• 702girly
    November 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I guess I'm a dirty bird. I take showers.

• alwayskk
    November 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM

As opposed to no bath at all, or as opposed to a shower?

Even if they take a bath, we sometimes rinse them off afterwards.

They switched to showers, though.

• ErikaRobin
    November 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Wha-HUH???

• AVSpecWife4
    November 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    My dd gets bathed every night. She will switch to showers when she gets older though.
  • angevil53
    November 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    Yes but i think that's mainly if you're over puberty snd sexually active. The water can help to cleanse the vagina.
  • angelachristine

my dd is 9 and she takes baths but only because she is autistic and is scared of the shower.

• mariesmama

mines only 3 shes in school though so she gets a bath every night

• ErikaRobin

Quoting alwayskk:

As opposed to no bath at all, or as opposed to a shower?

Even if they take a bath, we sometimes rinse them off afterwards.

They switched to showers, though.

Right?  I mean, you're sitting in your dirty bathwater...your hair is not all that clean...unless you change the water in the middle of your bath...I'm thinking in disjointed phrases this morning...Showers are preferable...Purple.

• lauren.m
    November 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    Mine older ones shower my younger ones take baths. They are all clean

Mom Confessions