Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Girls have to have baths to be clean!
by Anonymous
November 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I have a friend who is out of town 5 out of 7 days. She has one daughter who is 7 and stays with her dad. My friend is pitching a fit because she wants the girl to take a bath several times a week and the girl and father aren't sticking to it. She claims that girls don't get clean if they do t take a bath. I wondered what everyone thought of this.

Do you make your older daughter take a bath?

I'm sorry I was unclear. Yes she's taking showers but mom wants her to take baths

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    My kids take showers
  • MrsRobinson06
    November 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    I think showers are cleaner than baths where you are sitting in your dirty water but as long as she's doing one or the other thats all that matters.
  • cutestmom24
    we take showers
  • AngeLnChainZ

Taking baths can be bad for you as it can cause UTIs especially in females.. Your friend sounds like a nut job.

• SharonHernandez
    But the girl is showering daily rather than bathing

Quoting notjstasocermom:

my children shower/bathe daily. and if i was the mom i would not be happy either.

• AVSpecWife4
    November 16, 2012 at 8:24 AM
    I'm soooo anal about the boys cleaning out the tub when they're done! I bleach it after every use. I can't wait til Serena can take showers. I always worry about her getting infections. I use very little bubble bath for her baths. I always rinse her off with the sprayer. She hates it! But I'm so worried about infections.

Quoting FL2AK:

My daughter has not taken baths since she was three due to a bladder infection. The doctor said no more baths because sitting in the soapy and dirty water after bathing was likely how she got it.
  • jadedcynic

My niece's pediatrician actually told her showers were better for her after several UTIs the doctor felt were caused by baths.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Ah my love, I found you!

Quoting alwayskk:

As opposed to no bath at all, or as opposed to a shower?

Even if they take a bath, we sometimes rinse them off afterwards.

They switched to showers, though.

• alexsmomma06
    November 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    I got yeast infections as a kid a lot and my doc said it was from sitting in the bathtub. I started taking showers and never had another problem.
  • alwayskk
    November 16, 2012 at 8:25 AM

LOL Eres mi amor? I can't see you behind that veil!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ah my love, I found you!

Quoting alwayskk:

As opposed to no bath at all, or as opposed to a shower?

Even if they take a bath, we sometimes rinse them off afterwards.

They switched to showers, though.

Mom Confessions