Mom Confessions

Anonymous
progesterone questions
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I went to my dr. today because i havent had a period since september. i thought i might be pregnant because im ttc and i have taken a few tests but all negative.

so i thought i could get a blood test to see if i was pregnant.

they took a urine sample and said im not pregnant. he then told me that i just havent ovulated and prescribed me progesterone to start my period.

what i want to know is if they can tell i havent ovulated by just taking a urine sample?

Replies

• Rach7224
    November 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    Bump... im curious to the answer. Good luck!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Yea its just something that seemed off to me

Quoting Rach7224:

Bump... im curious to the answer. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Um they can't they need blood.... find another doctor asap....
  • Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    Thanks.. He has been my doctor for six years. im supposed to take the pills but just dont feel right.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    1 don't take pills, they will go through your liver
    2 use all natural progesterone cream
    3 get a blood test hcg done and ask for the following hcg, iron, copper, yhyroid, and progesterone.
    4 find another doctor
    5 don't stress..... sometimes women skip a period and sometimes they have two periods in a month. The moon can mess with your period, I know it sounds zoinkers but its true. If you were supposed to get your period around full or new moon your body may have been affected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks.. He has been my doctor for six years. im supposed to take the pills but just dont feel right.

Quoting Anonymous:

• unspecified42
    November 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Definitely this! I would highly recommend taking the advice of an anonymous poster online who doesn't even bother to use proper grammar and capitalization. S/He definitely knows more than your doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

3 get a blood test hcg done and ask for the following hcg, iron, copper, yhyroid, and progesterone.
    4 find another doctor
    5 don't stress..... sometimes women skip a period and sometimes they have two periods in a month. The moon can mess with your period, I know it sounds zoinkers but its true. If you were supposed to get your period around full or new moon your body may have been affected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    Sorry, I didn't know we were in school here and all that counted. I am mobile and can't read half of what I type and I am relaxing in the tub..... I guess I am a blithering idiot because of these points.... let me drown myself.

Quoting unspecified42:

Definitely this! I would highly recommend taking the advice of an anonymous poster online who doesn't even bother to use proper grammar and capitalization. S/He definitely knows more than your doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

4 find another doctor

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    They are probably guessing that you aren't ovulating, by your lack of periods.
  • oOoLeilanioOo
    November 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM

IDK but I'm going through the same thing. I haven't had a period in 3 1/2 years so my Ob/Gyn prescribed medroxyprogestrone. Started my first monthly in nearly 4 years yesterday. :/ I hope you find your answer, bump.

• Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Ive had my period every month this year. im just like wtf.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are probably guessing that you aren't ovulating, by your lack of periods.

Mom Confessions