Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
progesterone questions
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I went to my dr. today because i havent had a period since september. i thought i might be pregnant because im ttc and i have taken a few tests but all negative.

so i thought i could get a blood test to see if i was pregnant.

they took a urine sample and said im not pregnant. he then told me that i just havent ovulated and prescribed me progesterone to start my period.

what i want to know is if they can tell i havent ovulated by just taking a urine sample?

Replies

• Rach7224
    November 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    Bump... im curious to the answer. Good luck!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Yea its just something that seemed off to me

Quoting Rach7224:

Bump... im curious to the answer. Good luck!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    Um they can't they need blood.... find another doctor asap....
  • Anonymous 1
    November 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    Thanks.. He has been my doctor for six years. im supposed to take the pills but just dont feel right.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    1 don't take pills, they will go through your liver
    2 use all natural progesterone cream
    3 get a blood test hcg done and ask for the following hcg, iron, copper, yhyroid, and progesterone.
    4 find another doctor
    5 don't stress..... sometimes women skip a period and sometimes they have two periods in a month. The moon can mess with your period, I know it sounds zoinkers but its true. If you were supposed to get your period around full or new moon your body may have been affected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks.. He has been my doctor for six years. im supposed to take the pills but just dont feel right.

Quoting Anonymous:

• unspecified42
    November 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Definitely this! I would highly recommend taking the advice of an anonymous poster online who doesn't even bother to use proper grammar and capitalization. S/He definitely knows more than your doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

3 get a blood test hcg done and ask for the following hcg, iron, copper, yhyroid, and progesterone.
    4 find another doctor
    5 don't stress..... sometimes women skip a period and sometimes they have two periods in a month. The moon can mess with your period, I know it sounds zoinkers but its true. If you were supposed to get your period around full or new moon your body may have been affected.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    Sorry, I didn't know we were in school here and all that counted. I am mobile and can't read half of what I type and I am relaxing in the tub..... I guess I am a blithering idiot because of these points.... let me drown myself.

Quoting unspecified42:

Definitely this! I would highly recommend taking the advice of an anonymous poster online who doesn't even bother to use proper grammar and capitalization. S/He definitely knows more than your doctor.

Quoting Anonymous:

4 find another doctor

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 15, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    They are probably guessing that you aren't ovulating, by your lack of periods.
  • oOoLeilanioOo
    November 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM

IDK but I'm going through the same thing. I haven't had a period in 3 1/2 years so my Ob/Gyn prescribed medroxyprogestrone. Started my first monthly in nearly 4 years yesterday. :/ I hope you find your answer, bump.

• Anonymous 1
    November 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Ive had my period every month this year. im just like wtf.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are probably guessing that you aren't ovulating, by your lack of periods.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN