Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Confession: I work minimum wage jobs because...
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I find them interesting. I've never done it because I needed money. It actually kind of sucks, because I'll never know what most people are going through. Im a trust fund baby and so is my husband. I went to college because I had nothing better to do. I will get these jobs and work until
I'm bored then move on. Being a SAHM is okay but there just has to be more to life than being the royal buttwiper.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    I agree there are times I switch shifts or cover for others. There are just some things that are not Negotiable as far as days I won't work

Quoting Anonymous:

The flexibility is really nice. And i will work for people last minute to help them out, so it's not all selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand that. I'm a SAHM. My kids are in school. I'm burned out on volunteering at school so I work retail. I keep the job until they can't give me the days off I need and then I move on or not. I'm not working now because I refuse to work the week of thanksgiving

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    Im very lucky in that regard but it is sad this is my hobby.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Alrighty.

I can think of much more interesting shit to do with my time, if I had no money worries.

I guess consider yourself lucky that you do it for fun, and not truly trying to support yourself and kids.
  • iheartmycinco
    If money was not an issue in my house, I would work for fun. I was a sahm when my oldest was young, but I go stir crazy. So I think its cool.
  • Anonymous
    Yep. And no one seems to mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree there are times I switch shifts or cover for others. There are just some things that are not Negotiable as far as days I won't work

Quoting Anonymous:

The flexibility is really nice. And i will work for people last minute to help them out, so it's not all selfish.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can understand that. I'm a SAHM. My kids are in school. I'm burned out on volunteering at school so I work retail. I keep the job until they can't give me the days off I need and then I move on or not. I'm not working now because I refuse to work the week of thanksgiving

• Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    Im glad you understand. Im not trying to sound like an a-hole. I just never had a dream or anything.

Quoting iheartmycinco:

If money was not an issue in my house, I would work for fun. I was a sahm when my oldest was young, but I go stir crazy. So I think its cool.
  • ColtsFan1912
    November 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I thought it might bug me when I had my interview to take the CNA class. I took them via the nursing home so I got paid to do it & thoght. . .job. But once i got on the floor I didn't even think about it & it didnt' bother me. They needed someone to care for them & i focused on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you ever get used to wiping strangers? I was a hospital volunteer and I used to shudder at the thought of the wrinkly balls and old vaginas the nurses would mention, and the lack of self care. Just ew.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

hehe :) I was a CNA for quite a while before becoming a SAHM. We use to joke all the time we were professional butt wipers

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish money was any kind of incentive for me. Are you a nurse?

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I use to be a paid buttwiper.

• Keara20
    by Keara20
    November 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Maybe you should do volunteer work, that might be more fulfilling. Plus there are people who actually need your job to pay bills.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    I'm very up front when they ask me why I want this job. I honestly think a lot of employers would rather hire someone that is not totally desperate for hours and work it makes it easier if they can't give them a lot of hours

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep. And no one seems to mind.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Willow.wind
    November 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Do volunteer work for the needy or in a museum as a dosant that's what I want to be when I grow up. A dosant in a museum ;)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I honestly might do the same thing if I had the money to do so. I'm glad you went to college, it's nice to just learn about things. I think I might just go to school forever if I never had to worry about paying for it. I love learning.

I also loved working the jobs I chose when I was younger. I specifically chose each one because it seemed interesting. Michael's craft store, a couple neat restaurants, some fun retail stores, a mall store... 

Mom Confessions