Mom Confessions

livric
SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***
by livric
November 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

Replies

• Lolaunscripted
    November 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

This is my son Austin, he's 2, will be 3 in December. He was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has a significant speech delay and does not socialize very well. I love him with all my heart. 1 in 88 kids are diagnosed with Autism... How LUCKY am I to have gotten that 1 out of 88? His personality shines and he's extremely smart when it comes to figuring out puzzles, he loves music. He has 2 younger siblings whom love him very much too, as he loves them. I'm so proud of my little man.
  • livric
    by livric
    November 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM

He is gorgeous!!!  and WOW a 3 year old and 2 others younger!!  You are one BUSY mama!!! :) 

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

This is my son Austin, he's 2, will be 3 in December. He was recently diagnosed with Autism. He has a significant speech delay and does not socialize very well. I love him with all my heart. 1 in 88 kids are diagnosed with Autism... How LUCKY am I to have gotten that 1 out of 88? His personality shines and he's extremely smart when it comes to figuring out puzzles, he loves music. He has 2 younger siblings whom love him very much too, as he loves them. I'm so proud of my little man.

• 3lilmonsters88
    November 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

This is Braedyn. He is 5. He doesn't speak much and has been diagnosed with adhd and autism. The doctors are also thinking he has a chromosomal disorder that hasn't yet been "discovered". He has had multiple eye surgeries. He has an iep at school and is in a self contained classroom. He has made so much progress.

When he initially went into prek at 3, he didn't speak at all and he wasn't potty trained or even interested in it. After 6ms he was fully potty trained and said mama, daddy and I love you. No one knows how proud I was of him the day he told me "mama I love you". There's bad days and good days, more bad then good but its the bad days that make me cherish the good days even more. He's the.light of my life.
  • livric
    by livric
    November 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

This is Braedyn. He is 5. He doesn't speak much and has been diagnosed with adhd and autism. The doctors are also thinking he has a chromosomal disorder that hasn't yet been "discovered". He has had multiple eye surgeries. He has an iep at school and is in a self contained classroom. He has made so much progress.

When he initially went into prek at 3, he didn't speak at all and he wasn't potty trained or even interested in it. After 6ms he was fully potty trained and said mama, daddy and I love you. No one knows how proud I was of him the day he told me "mama I love you". There's bad days and good days, more bad then good but its the bad days that make me cherish the good days even more. He's the.light of my life.

way to go mama!! what a little darling!!!   Eric has very little speech I waited 6 and a half years to hear him say "love u mum" I bawled like a baby!!!

• Grumpylilpixy
    November 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Sebastian, he is 11 and has Autism.

He is actually the easiest of the 3 boys now that puberty has set in.

I am very proud of him, he reads, writes and is verbal.

He is sweet,loving,kind. He is very funny and will share his toys.

He also made HONOR ROLL this quarter.

Very proud of my son.

• mandee1503
    November 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

bump for mobile, so I can add a photo!

• mandee1503
    November 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

My little guy has cerebral palsy, polymircogyria, seizures and is delayed. He is my whole world and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
  • 3lilmonsters88
    November 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    Its one of the greatest moments Ive had. He is very small lol the doctors think its a part of the chromosomal issue.

Quoting livric:

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

way to go mama!! what a little darling!!!   Eric has very little speech I waited 6 and a half years to hear him say "love u mum" I bawled like a baby!!!

• livric
    by livric
    November 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting mandee1503:

My little guy has cerebral palsy, polymircogyria, seizures and is delayed. He is my whole world and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

oh he is just GORGEOUS!!!  that smile is AMASING lol!!!  way to go mama!!!!

• Lolaunscripted
    November 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    Thanks hun! I've been extremely busy. We currently do at home speech/developmental therapy but he's getting ready to leave the program due to him turning 3, so we're having him re-evaluated for school. I also have an appointment with an Autistic/behavorial clinic to see where on the spectrum he falls and to have a second confirmed diagnosis. I'd post a picture of my littlest bitty but I'm still waiting on her CT scan for confirmation. We think she may have Craniosynostis as she's had poor develoment in her skull growth but I don't want to post until I know for sure. Between her and Austin, we've been mega busy with dr appointments and therapy. I wouldn't trad any of my kids though, I love them to pieces and I'll fight for them until I'm gone from this earth! Your little bitty is a cutie too!

Quoting livric:

He is gorgeous!!!  and WOW a 3 year old and 2 others younger!!  You are one BUSY mama!!! :) 

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

Mom Confessions