Mom Confessions

livric
SPECIAL NEEDS ...... AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! s/o ***PHOTO IN REPLIES***
by livric
November 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Come on in Mum's who are proud of their beautiful children :)    My DS who is 7 years old can not talk hardly at all.  He uses sign and gestures to communicate.   He has balance issues and medical issues.   He goes to a mainstream school with lots of support.   He has a modified program that is different than the other kids in the literacy area.  His maths is at year level.     He can ride his bike with training wheels,  he can kick a ball better than his sister (8)   he laughs, smiles and loves life.    This kid has had to work hard to do everyday normal stuff every day of his life.  sometimes he has to work really hard just to breathe.   walking was very hard for him and took months of blood, sweat and tears from him and me!!!!   everyday he works and works and works.  and he does it with a SMILE!!!!!  he knows he is different but he does not let it stop him.    He is leaning every day.    It is my goal that he can be independant as an adult.   He may not ever go to college but my god he deserves every scrap of assisance and help he can get!!!!

I AM PROUD OF MY SON ERIC!!!!!!!

Replies

• livric
    by livric
    November 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Quoting mariesmama:

that is totally awesome my speech delayed 3 yr old is making such progress on her iep that she may be ready for regular preschool next yr

That is AWESOME!!!  YAY YAY YAY :D

• kiralyn
    by kiralyn
    It amazes me how similar Rett girls look. My sister has Rett Syndrome as well, and they just have a "look" to me. Your daughter is so beautiful!

Quoting Cymbeline:

This is Ciara 2 years ago, at age 7. It's my favourite picture of her.

This was her and my mom a few weeks ago, while we were waiting for the parade.

• reava
    by reava

This is my son Brayden. He is almost 6 weeks old. He was in the nicu for almost 4 weeks. He had persistent pulmonary hypertension and other forms of respiratory distress. His hormone levels in his kidneys are high which is causing his high blood pressure. We are not sure what his special needs will end up being and how severe they will be.
    Despite all of this he is a strong and brave little guy and very important part of our family.
  • Matriarch87
    November 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

crying

• livric
    by livric
    November 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting reava:

This is my son Brayden. He is almost 6 weeks old. He was in the nicu for almost 4 weeks. He had persistent pulmonary hypertension and other forms of respiratory distress. His hormone levels in his kidneys are high which is causing his high blood pressure. We are not sure what his special needs will end up being and how severe they will be.
    Despite all of this he is a strong and brave little guy and very important part of our family.

He is just beautiful mama!!!!  look after yourself ok.... and accept help when it is offered :)

• Xat
    by Xat
    November 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

This is my handsome little guy. He is 7. He is autistic, adhd, depression, anxiety, IBS, coordination issues, restless leg syndrome and a few other things. He may not do well at school or around kids his own age but I will give him the best opportunity I can. I don't care what anyone says every child deserves the chance to have an education.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    You all have such adorable little ones. I'd post a picture but my son isn't little anymore. He's all grown up. :)
  • ffpm10
    by ffpm10

My cerebral palsy baby :)
    We were told he wouldn't survive birth and this is him after the players from our local minor league team all came over to say hi and give him a baseball.
    His dream is to be a baseball player. I'm crying typing this because I am so proud of how far he's come.
  • livric
    by livric

Quoting Xat:

This is my handsome little guy. He is 7. He is autistic, adhd, depression, anxiety, IBS, coordination issues, restless leg syndrome and a few other things. He may not do well at school or around kids his own age but I will give him the best opportunity I can. I don't care what anyone says every child deserves the chance to have an education.

WOOHOOOO way to go mama!!!!  gorgeous little man u have there!!!

• livric
    by livric
    November 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quoting ffpm10:

My cerebral palsy baby :)
    We were told he wouldn't survive birth and this is him after the players from our local minor league team all came over to say hi and give him a baseball.
    His dream is to be a baseball player. I'm crying typing this because I am so proud of how far he's come.

aww mama, now u gone done made me cry too!!!!    I love it when our little ones prove them wrong!!!

Mom Confessions