Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
acaisha
Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!
by acaisha
November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

Replies

• SlingsAndThings
    November 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I much prefer being a working mom to a stay at home mom.

I can't say I'm jealous of SAHM's.

• MrsFlores_2006
    November 15, 2012 at 4:14 PM

breath woman breath!

• LovelyMommy24
    November 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I'm a SAHM, there have been many days I've wanted to be a working mother. :p

• Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    November 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    I'm not, I'm sure some are. I love working, I love not having all our money go to bills. I love having the luxury of wanting something and being able to go get it without saving up for it. I guess I love the money lol.
  • sweetnsassymami
    November 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Not gonna lie I miss being a sahm. Being a single working mom is rough. I do enjoythe independence and being more than just mom.
  • Anonymous 10
    by Anonymous 10
    November 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

That's a crazy schedule!  I love being a sahm which is what I've always done.  Now that my oldest is in school and my youngest is in preschool I get 6 hrs to get things done.    The reality for our situation was one of us needed to be here because both of our jobs required us to travel a lot.  My husband makes far more money that I do so I was the one to stay home.  I am rarely bored.  I don't watch tv at all during the day.  I do get up every morning at 6 am to get myself ready, then my kids and get them off to school.  After that I work out.  I shower every day and get dressed in something nice every day.  Sometimes I do errands that need to be done for the house and other times I go meet a friend for lunch or get my nails done or go shopping.   Other days I volunteer for my sons school.  I like my life like this...it's stress free. 

• mcclainprincess
    November 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    Yeah. i have times like that. Would still rather be a working mom.
  • iheartmiboys
    November 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Hey I like both. I was a working mom and a now I'm a SAHM. I don't envy either side. Key word mom. Just plan and simple I like being a mom. Each side has obstacles they handle.  

• idee
    by idee
    November 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I was a stay at home mom for 7 years and I am glad to be a working mom again.

• angy129
    by angy129
    November 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

If that's you in your avi, I think you resemble Claire Danes. 

Quoting fraujones:

I'm exhausted today too. I love my job, but I'm just so busy. And I'm hosting my mom's bday/engagement party this weekend.

But I did get to climb on the roof of my workplace (public library) and take pictures of a funeral procession. It was interesting! I've never been up there before. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN