Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
acaisha
Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!
by acaisha
November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

Replies

• christina200384
    November 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Girl I feel you. I have our 7 year olds birthday party saturday annnnd everyone is coming. Today is my only day off of work till saturday my husband works as a personal trainer and as a securty guard at a night club so I get no help at all!!!

• acaisha
    by acaisha
    November 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Quoting mantyangel:

Sounds like my life ... sending positive vibes your way.  Hope it helps with those walking zombie moments.

lol thanks.. I just hope for an easy night at work.. no major issues and I will be happy.. I have tomorrow off :D yeah for short weeks! lol

• acaisha
    by acaisha
    November 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM

lol oh yeah... I just bought a cake too.. I feel guilty.. I am known for my amazing take a week to make the cakes.. this is the first time my son has had a store bought cake for his birthday.. mom fail for me.

Quoting christina200384:

Girl I feel you. I have our 7 year olds birthday party saturday annnnd everyone is coming. Today is my only day off of work till saturday my husband works as a personal trainer and as a securty guard at a night club so I get no help at all!!!

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    November 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Girl please. Hell yeah I'm jealous of SAHMs. I'm also jealous of YOU, the work OUT of the home Mom. I'm a work AT HOME Mom, and I unfortunately am required to run circles around you. My husband is the SAHD because he got laid off (not by choice) and he sucks at it for the most part, so I do a lot! 

Being a work AT HOME mom would be like someone walking into your office at work while you're on a major interntational phone conference with childless CEOs and being told, "Here change this diaper, then feed this baby, then give them a bath followed by some mommy time all while holding this conference...oh and don't let the clients here the baby in the background!"

So yeah...I'm jealous of both of you. I have no life. :(

• mantyangel
    November 15, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I'm divorced and raising 3 kids.  Sometimes I am ready to crawl under my desk to take a nap at work LOL

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting mantyangel:

Sounds like my life ... sending positive vibes your way.  Hope it helps with those walking zombie moments.

lol thanks.. I just hope for an easy night at work.. no major issues and I will be happy.. I have tomorrow off :D yeah for short weeks! lol

• Traci_Momof2
    November 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Sometimes I definitely do.  I had a day like that yesterday.  Swamped at work, then I get a call from the school saying my son is sick and I need to pick him up.  I had to be home with him, at the same time thinking how in the hell am I going to get this work all done by Tuesday next week (we go on vacation then).  The day before I was stressing because my son had a school project due today and I had forgotten about it so i was trying to find materials and then finding time to do it with him, etc, etc.  So yes, sometimes I do envy sahm's because it truly feels like there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Other days I really enjoy being a wohm and wouldn't have it any other way.  It just really depends.

And I know, if I got my ass off of CM I would have more time in the day.  LOL

• ColtsFan1912
    November 15, 2012 at 4:05 PM

:) I love being a SAHM. I've done both & trying to juggle work & taking care of my son (only had one at the time) was so hard.

• lizmartinez
    November 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    I think it depends on the type of SAHM. I spend time with friends at least 4 days a week. Other two are DH's days off, so we have family days and the last day is my lazy day. I shower and get myself together daily. I don't want to become a stereotypical SAHM. I like having my identity and maintaining my home and being a mom.
    Reading OP's post just makes me even happier to be a SAHM! Idk how working moms do it sometimes!

Quoting Melissa_4:

(((((Hugs!))))) I hate to tell you this, but the flip side of that coin is many SAHMs are jealous of working moms! The thought of getting to interact with adults daily, get a shower every day, put on real clothes, make-up, real shoes, etc., on a daily basis and the self-esteem issues of creating an income...the grass ain't always greener on the other side of the fence.

• momof3jam
    November 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Wow, fuck your life - you're not kidding!!!

SAHM's have it much harder having to juggle all of that, and you do BOTH roles (home and working)... Ahhh! Your post exhausted ME just reading it lol!

Can/does DH help when he's not working?

• sparklebug86
    November 15, 2012 at 4:12 PM

girl you need a new babysitter! 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email