Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
acaisha
Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!
by acaisha
November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

Replies

• olliesmommy2
    November 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    I sah, and my days get crazy too. We all have different lives, and we usually think the grass is greener. Some days I think I'd love to get to go to work, interact with adults, drink a hot cup if coffee, have a true 15 min break. Like just sit for 15 min. Pee or shower alone. But, I live doing it my way. Hope you get some sleep and to see your hubby soon. I know it's hard.
  • CorpCityGrl
    November 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I hear Verizon has been having issues with a lot of the phone lines downtown still.  Our phones were messed up all last week and we were getting our calls half the time and the other half the caller was getting an error message of some sorts.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I work in lower man too, our phones are stil down.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Me too!

My office did not have power (I'm in downtown Manhattan) so we were closed for a week.  I was so bored and me, DD and DH were ready to strangle each other.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I was home the week of Hurricane Sandy bored to tears, you can keep that. I like going to work.

• sarahfire
    November 15, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I'd rather work than stay home but I don't envy you that schedule. DH and I both work days and the kids are in daycare and school so its not so bad. I don't think we could do opposite schedules.

• acaisha
    by acaisha
    November 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

I work 12pm-4:30. Get off work. Df gets home at 5:15. I leave for work get home at 2:30am. Eat & try to sleep. Get up at 8am, get ds ready for preschool by 9am. Clean the house a bit, make dinner, grocery shop whatever needs to be done. Then back to work at 12. I am lucky though dsnever have to go to daycare and we both work :)

We are pretty fortunate that way.. we really work around each others schedule. We sacrifice evenings together so one can be home with the kids. My son does go to pre-school but that is more for him.. he goes 2 days a week and has a one on one worker that helps him because he has issues. My babysitter covers 2.5-4 hours max .. but thats not usual either.. just this month my husband picked up extra work. It's not an easy way.. it would be nice to get time with my husband but my kids come first.

• RunningMommaof2
    Oh, I completely understand that!! I used to work 3rd shift and then come home and take care of the kids. Omg it was so hard and I hated it... But you do what you need to sometimes! I swear that time was so stressful that it took years off of my life. I used to just look at the pictures of my kids and cry while I was at work.

Quoting acaisha:

it has nothing to do with not feeling it necessary. Some times you have to work to support your family properly.

Quoting RunningMommaof2:

I guess it depends on the person and their situation. When I worked... I feel like it was killing me inside to be away from my kids. But, I know other people that absolutely hate being a SAHM. They don't feel it as necessary as I do to be with their kids all the time and prefer to work. It just depends. 

• michaelsmom25
    I've done both and I must say each has pros and cons
  • Mdva20082011
    November 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    Negative. I've been a stay at home mom and it sucked ass. Boring and will drive you nuts at the same time. I was depressed, lonely, and desperate for adult interaction. I love working and bringing home my own paycheck. I don't care if my DH was a millionaire, I still wouldn't be a SAHM.
  • heatherd09
    November 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    All I can say is wow! You sound like one busy woman
  • acaisha
    by acaisha
    November 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Quoting olliesmommy2:

I sah, and my days get crazy too. We all have different lives, and we usually think the grass is greener. Some days I think I'd love to get to go to work, interact with adults, drink a hot cup if coffee, have a true 15 min break. Like just sit for 15 min. Pee or shower alone. But, I live doing it my way. Hope you get some sleep and to see your hubby soon. I know it's hard.

I wish I got breaks at work :/... we literally get paid for a full 8 hours .. we are *suppose* to get two 15 minute breaks but we never do.. some days I don't even get to pee.. then all hell breaks lose and some kid is in your face calling you a fucking cunt.. cops are called.. ugg.. crazy.. We also only work with one other adult.. and one hour of my shift I am alone entirely.. I guess the kids to sleep though.. but then its reports, plans of care.. trying to catch up on all the stupid paper work. We even eat dinner with the kids.

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    November 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM

If you really want to work, don't let dh stop you. Find a way to do it or you'll regret it later.

My dh had issues with me working to and I ended up listening to him. It's been 20 yrs since I've had a job and now it's too late for me. I wish I had the guts back then to do what I wanted to do. I now have nothing and if anything happens to my dh I will lose my home, income, all of it and no ability to work. How will I care for my kids? Harder still was giving up all my dreams and now years later realizing it's too late.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a SAHM and now that ds is getting bigger and more independent I get bored to tears. I think I am all tvd out lol it takes me maybe 30 min to clean our appt. I wish I could work! I can but dh has some issues with it. Since I'm mom it's my job to raise our child....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN