Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
acaisha
Working moms are jealous of stay at home moms!
by acaisha
November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

okay maybe just I am lol.. This was my day... I worked from 4-12am.. come home.. haven't seen my husband since Tuesday because of his schedule (6am - 7pm). Crawl into bed.. try to sleep with two small children and two dogs.. up at 7:30am.. rush to get my son ready for preschool.. drop my 4 year old off at 8:45.. take my other son to Strong Start (mom and me program) .. play for 2 hours trying to stay awake..thank god they have coffee because I did not have time to make any or eat. Drag my son kicking and screaming away from his friends to get his brother at 11:15.. drag both of them hungry and whiney to the grocery store after stopping for a new cloth diaper and pants.. because my sons leaked and I forgot to bring one. Yes I was THAT mother.. stripping my kid in the parking lot because leaving my 4 year old strapped in his car seat was easier then dragging them both to the washroom. Feed them while shopping.. still haven't eaten myself.. Grocery shop.. load.. unload.. with two small children one of which has behavioral issues and takes off every two seconds or melts down entirely.. manage to get out of the store.. get home.. unpack groceries.. its now 1pm and I am finally eating..

then i get to clean my house.. get ready for work.. drag the kids to pick up my babysitter because she doesn't drive and she smokes in her house so she has to come to mine.. (she doesn't smoke in my house)..then run to work and deal with behaviorally challenged teens for 8 hours.. get home at midnight.. finally see my husband maybe?

oh and i have a birthday party, a retirement party and my brothers welcome home from Indonesia party to plan for this weekend.. guess where it is? My house.. guess where everyone is staying? my house..

fuck my life.. SAHM's yes I'm hating on you today lol PURE JEALOUS!!!

Replies

• acaisha
    by acaisha
    November 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

why feel sorry if they are happy with thier life?

Quoting Aslen:

I hated being a sahm. I feel sorry for them

• mrswillie
    November 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Sorry. I use to feel the same way. Then we found a way for me to be a sahm.

• thetrollcat
    November 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I think being SAHM makes you become a zombie and you live in a bubble

• carterscutie85
    November 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I'd eat my child if I had to stay home.

• CorpCityGrl

Me too!

My office did not have power (I'm in downtown Manhattan) so we were closed for a week.  I was so bored and me, DD and DH were ready to strangle each other.

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I was home the week of Hurricane Sandy bored to tears, you can keep that. I like going to work.

• justinnaimee
    Same. I can't even imagine. Good luck this weekend. :-)

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

I honestly don't see how working moms do it all. So my hat's off to you.

• Mom24munchkins
    November 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    I did your schedule (4pm to 12am, sometimes as late as 2am) for 3 years. One year (last year I worked) I homeschooled on top of it. I sooooo feel your pain :( I'm sorry lady!
  • RunningMommaof2
    November 15, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I guess it depends on the person and their situation. When I worked... I feel like it was killing me inside to be away from my kids. But, I know other people that absolutely hate being a SAHM. They don't feel it as necessary as I do to be with their kids all the time and prefer to work. It just depends. 

• brittany208
    November 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Yup! This is me! I somehow convinced my DH to let me work just 2 days a week--bc he could see it was essential for my happiness. When DS was little, I would waitress at night when DH was home to watch him. Now that DS is 3--I said, "Time for preschool!!" and am able to sub a couple days a week. Havent managed to bump the amount up from two days, but hey, it helps me keep my sanity. (sometimes just barely)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a SAHM and now that ds is getting bigger and more independent I get bored to tears. I think I am all tvd out lol it takes me maybe 30 min to clean our appt. I wish I could work! I can but dh has some issues with it. Since I'm mom it's my job to raise our child....

• isell_avon
    November 15, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quoting 702girly:

I'd be miserable if I had no income of my own. I just can't live off someone else. It's not in me.

I'm the same way, even on the weekends I get so depressed that i look forward to go to work.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN