Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
all of these fundraisers are ridiculous!!!!
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Every time i turn around i am sending money to school for a product i dont even want just so my kids dont miss out on fun day. as if that is not enough, i have to send money for inhouse field trips. of course they go on regular field trips too. then their are the spirit nights. they have had three fundraisers already this year. anyone else think that schools are going overboard with all this fundraising? i know schools need the money but Geeze!!!!! They do get state and federal funding. my kids are ages 5 and 6. needless to say, they cant exactly go door to door asking neighbors to buy from them. I dont have the time to do it, so the only option is to order it myself. 

Replies

• hip2it
    by hip2it
    November 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM

So far this year, there have been three t shirts I've had to buy (I have two students in the same school, so all of this times two), because if you wear it on this certain day you get ice cream.

Three fundraisers, each starting before the last's products were delivered.  $25 Yankee Candles, cheaply made yet overpriced handbags, and cookie dough at $24 each.

Party money, $10 per student.

Donation to the Grower's Project (a small garden on campus, if you donate, you get a pizza party).

4 Spirit nights (eat at this restarant and the proceeds go to the school, each member gets a prize in class the next day).

2 family movie nights (everybody who comes gets extra recess) at $4 per person.

Yearbooks, $25 each.

2 Book fairs.

And I've volunteered no less than 10 hours per week since school started, plus I'm homeroom mom for two classrooms, and 4th grade coordinator, so I'm in charge of all the 4th grade homeroom moms.

• Mommy_Jenx3
    November 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Kids in the subdivision always come around. Annoys the piss outta me. I buy from mine, as do my parents and family just because they always say tell them when they get one. I have been waiting to get the cookie dough one my oldest had 2 years ago, but they haven't since :( They suck now.

• thetrollcat
    November 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM

we had three so far we dont participate they get a little tiring

• mommy_me
    November 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Im doing the same thing. My husband is getting VERY upset by this. This is the 5th week in a row we've sent money to school for one thing or another

• zianneaaliyah
    November 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I loathe them too. I have 3 kids that go to 3 different schools and I had to deal with 9 of them. I just can't and not to mention the stuff they sell is either unhealthy or cheap. 

• dipsetgrl06
    November 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    We've had 3 so far and they all came out a week after each other.
  • MissMissfit
    November 15, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I've met my yearly fundraising monetary quota for DD's school, so I already let her know we won't be participating very much in the remaining ones. 

• msalice_21
    November 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    Thank you!! Omg! My friend and i were just talking about this!! Im burnt out on all those things! Plus no one wants to order any of the stuff cause one.. theyre broke.. two.. its all expensive crap
  • SweetPea2004
    November 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM

You don't have to participate, I only buy when I want the product.

• Maevelyn
    November 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My kids go to a private catholic school but because there is so many charity students, students on scholarship, plus they charge drastically less for your second, even less for the third and they don't charge at all after you have 5 kids enrolled (which is great actually) and service is important the school does fundraisers too. I'm glad that they are getting the kids in the habit of giving but at the same time I wish that they'd just do one BIG fund raiser for the school stuff and limit "pay $2 and get an out of uniform day." We're on financial aid and they start to add up when you throw in the field trips, book fairs ect. I realize that even at tuition we barely cover the teachers salaries and benefits but Goodness. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts