Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Cafe Amanda
Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"
November 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

Replies

• TrouserMouse
    November 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I did once.

It was my son's 6th grade field trip day to a ski resort. He had never been skiing and probably never will again unless he goes as an adult.  I noticed lice as he was walking out the door.  I told him to put his stocking cap on and don't take it off.  I wasn't going to make him miss that and I felt the chances of him passing it off to anyone was slim since he was going to be outside skiing all day.  He had probably had it for weeks without us knowing anyway because it was pretty bad.

• brettsmomma
    November 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I would be pissed. We have already gotten two notices of head lice and ive been spending money on conditioners that help prevent it. *shudders i hope they work! 

And who would make their kid suffer like that. It has got to itch having a head full of bugs...  :'(

• Krystle1216
    November 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Its parents like that, that I cant stand... my dd school also had a few cases so far, if I found out a mother knew and sent her kid anyway I would be pissed!! And she would know how I felt! I keep my dd hair with gel and in a tight bun
  • MichelleSw
    November 18, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'd have to hurt a b. With all my DDs THICK, CURLY hair it's a nightmare. My niece spent the weekend once and guess what?! She had lice and gave it to DD. Her mom knew. I could tell when I asked about it. 18 hrs of searching through her head and 2 treatments it was gone! She tried to send her again with it... I had to get it out her hair as well.

• SweetPea2004
    November 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Dd has had lice four yes four separate times this year, she got it at school. I hate irresponsible parents.

• cmabbott
    November 18, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I'd be FURIOUS.  She should have to pay for everyones treatments.  >:(

• xtwistedxlovex
    November 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM
    I would be beyond pissed. DF's mom is a hairdresser; if DS gets lice we will not only have to sanitize everything, he will have exposed her and she won't be able to go to work until it's dealt with. She can't afford to lose that income just because some idiot was too selfish to handle it right away.
  • Lizzys_mommy13
    November 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Seriously! For a hair appointment?! That is messed up! Think about other people in those cases. Call the school so they are aware of it and treat the crap! 

• southernjess3
    November 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM

last year, my dd got it 5 times!! i would cry, and sit for hours. im sorry i wash my kids hair..lol it was the same kids not being treated. this year, non so far. they also do headchecks every month...

• starmoonlight
    November 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    I couldn't watch the whole video. That mother should have to pay for the entire class. What a moron.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts