Mom Confessions

Cafe Amanda
Mom Confession: "I sent my kid to school with head lice!"
November 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Okay, this one gave me the heebie-jeebies JUST WATCHING IT.

My kids have already gotten a couple of "there has been a case of head lice in school" notices this year and if I found out a parent knowingly sent their kid to school with lice I would be PISSED.

And if they had the excuse THIS mom did, I'd be even MORE MAD!

What do you think about what she did - and why she did it?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

Replies

• nursetina
    November 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    She should pay for the entire classes treatment. And treat them to piazza and ice cream.
  • Eagle293
    November 15, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    They won't even inform us of headlice cases here in fact they no longer call us to pick up our child if they have just secretly tell us at pick up.
  • PerfectVirgo
    November 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    I hate her. With a passion.
  • MissMysteriouss
    November 15, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    omg
  • Dom519
    by Dom519
    November 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I had this same problem when i was Teaching a two year old class at a daycare the mother and father both knew the child had lice but sent him to school anyway. we had to close  the entire classroom clean every inch and tell each parent who were not happy at all then the next day he came back to school his head shaved but the parents didn't give him the lice treatment or treat their home.Sometimes i just don't  understand ppl. 

• illinoismommy83
    November 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM

That is disgusting. 

• MumaSue
    by MumaSue
    November 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Both my daughter and I have had lice and her school will not let a child be at school with live lice. With nits, yes but not the lice. It took us forever to get rid of it. If one child has it the whole class is examined.

As for the mom in the video, shame on her. Absolutely not acceptable.

• sweet_bumblbee
    November 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I would be pissed!! I know when my kids got it from another child, I went straight to the dr and got medicine did the whole routine to get rid of it. Told anybody that came in contact with us, including the teachers.. because they have pillows and such. It was embarrassing but I know I didn't want it passed back to us in a vicious cycle.

• 3rd2bedue
    November 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

How incredibly selfish of that mother, very yucky indeed! 

• sweetmissy_05
    November 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Ugh why would you let your kid go to school with head lice? 

Mom Confessions