Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
roaches.....german roaches...... :(
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

my house and car has become infested with german roaches. Those are the small brown and beige ones that scatter when the lights are turned on and leave dander behind...they are so freakin gross. I hate them. And they have infested my house and car. I have yet to see like 30 of them; I see no more than 4 at a time. But still! My house and car are relatively clean. I clean everyday. I have poured a sugar/borax mix in the cracks of the kitchen. DH found a small hole at the bottom of my car and this summer ants got in it. He sprayed my car good with some chemicals which rid the ants. I guess it didnt affect the roaches. Yesterday at work, I opened my wallet and 2 freakin roaches jumped out. I am so grossed out. Makes me feel like we are filthy! How do I get RID OF THEEEEEEEEEEM

Replies

• crescentstar2
    November 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Ewww sorry about your bugs. I have no idea, but it doesn't mean you are filthy just roaches like you. Hope you get them gone!

• bbyslynn
    November 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    Bump! Idk! Eww good luck! I'd call an exterminator!
  • So_Devious20
    November 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    *shudders* I heard the borax takes care of it.
  • Mehganh
    by Mehganh
    November 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Oh no!!! Those little bastards are sooooo hard to get rid of! I once cleaned this house out for a property manager company (the tenant was evicted and it needed to be cleane out) and the whole house was infested! My so and I bombed that house like 7 times! No fucking joke and it still didn't kill them! I have no idea what could help! I'm sorry. But I wanted to let you know you are on for a hard road! They little shits are relentless!
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Call Terminix
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Quoting So_Devious20:

*shudders* I heard the borax takes care of it.

maybe it will just take time or I didnt use enough. Like I said, I know there's probably tons of them but I only see a handful if the room is unoccupied for a while. So maybe the borax is working lol

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

I have found something called ecosmart.  It works wonderfully!  

• Matriarch87
    Ugh. Sorry. Idk what you are getting at with the thirty to four tid bit. I thiught the rule was, if u see any in the daylight you are infested.maybe what ur are remembering is that one roach means atleast thirty roaches.

Boric acid, traps, professional bug people, super neat freakism and fire are the only ways to be ride of roaches.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    They are extremely difficult to get rid of. They live in the walls. You will probably need to bomb the house and your car. You definately need an exterminator!

Eta: I had an apt that was infested before we moved in. Pest control said for every 1 you see, there are about 100 in the walls. Pest control wasn't able to get rid of them. We moved at the end of our lease.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN