Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
What is the most expensive thing your kids have ruined?
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
My kids this week have gone insane. Normally they are calm and only make small messes. This week has been crazy. First they broke the drum set to rock band. Then they redecorated my couch and dining table with an ink pen. Lastly my sweet 2 year old left cookies in the dvd player and it refuses to work.
The drum set was an accident.
The couch and dining table wasn't and he was is grounded.
The dvd player I don't even know when she did that.

Replies

• yayay15
    by yayay15
    November 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    The only thing that has happened is my son dug his pencil into my brand new $1000 table and I have about 4 deep scratches on it. We can probably fix it to make it look better though. Other than that, they really haven't broken anything on purpose or on accident.

Actually my middle son who loves to play sports and can't quit bouncing his basketball broke two picture frames but they were only about $3. We have a huge wide open basement so I make him go down there now if its cold outside.
  • Fallaya
    by Fallaya
    November 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    And here comes the sanctimommies...lol...can't you just have fun and play along??

Quoting MissMysteriouss:

We have 6 kids. They have never broke anything.

They have been taught to respect their things and other peoples things.

• Elayna90
    November 16, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    My older ds broke 3 windows one week. My younger ds broke the Nintendo DS
  • wishbearmom
    November 16, 2012 at 1:52 AM

My dogs, particularly my Boston "Terrorist" is worse than my kid. My youngest daughter nearly ruined the heated tile floor in my bathroom though, when she dropped a bottle of nail polish on it and it broke. It took an entire bottle of acetone, a sealant, and a housecall to make sure it wasn't ruined. Thankfully, it survived. But my Boston so far has dug up and destroyed carpet (in 3 places in my house!), chewed an expensive pair of Brooks running shoes, peed on 2 comforters (that dry cleaning could not fix), dug up my back yard, killed 2 pairs of iPhone ear buds, and plowed through the perimeter fence I put up to keep her out of my raised bed garden (ha! What was I thinking?) Oh, and when I read a reply above, it reminded me that when I first got her, she and my other dog knocked over and destroyed a lamp (and in the process, caused a major scratch in my end table), while playing chase. I got my Boston puppy after my oldest daughter moved out with her chihuahua mix because my dog was so lonely and heartbroken, I thought he needed a playmate.

• WesternNYmom
    November 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM

My sofa.  I have had to mend the slip covers on the cusions so many times I lost count, and don't get me started on the number of times I have had to scrub the sofa in the last 6 months, because they will come in from outside and sit on my sofa with their filthy clothes on.  I have a rule that they have to change clothes if they are soild before they can sit on the furniture. The kids never follow this rule.   My kids also ruined a my last dryer by sticking crayons in with the wet laundry when my back was turned. The crayons melted from the heat, and not only ruined the dryer, but and entire load of laundry.  They lost access to their crayons for a week after that incident.  My kids also destroyed my ipod by dropping it in a bucket of water (I was mopping the floor), and dd broke my cellphone by stepping on my purse. My purse was on the passager seat of the car and dd, for some reason, decided to climb into the front seat from the rear seat of the car while we were parked in a lot at a store. She stepped on my purse, and I heard a loud crunch. she broke the fliptop lid off  the phone. I ended up having to order a new one.  My kids have also broken several pairs of mine and dh's prescription glasses over the years.  Those were not inexpensive to replace either, especially since the cost to replace them was not covered under our insurance plan.

• NBean311
    November 16, 2012 at 2:17 AM

My DD in one of her finer moments, while in a time out in her room, found her very loved teddy with a hole in it, and gutted it. In 4 minutes of time out she ripped every speck of fluff out of that poor little guy and it was all over her room. 

My DS was unintentional. He had been sick, and starting to feel better, so he drank some apple juice way too fast and threw up on the ottoman, where my digital camera was sitting. 

• SweetMama823
    November 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM
    Our brand new 47' flat screen we only had for a week!
  • rosemagic01
    November 16, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Leapster 2. He broke the pen. Thats about it. *knock on wood* He's never been very distructive. He's broken a few cheap toys but beyond that most of his stuff has always been in very good condition and only broke because its cheap or super old. He's 7. 

Let me just say I hold no account on him being this way. He just don't have a destructive bone. It isn't because I taught him...

oh oh oh just remembered!!!

He scratched my glasses once! I was sleeping it was totally my fault he was like 4ish maybe 5 and he apparently grabbed them and snuck into another room and was playing with them. I was blind for a week while they were being replaced! Sucked! He got WICKED punished. I think I took every single toy he had for 3 days.

• Otterpuff
    November 16, 2012 at 3:06 AM
    My toddler jumped on top of my laptop :/
  • egyptian_mommy
    November 16, 2012 at 3:12 AM
    A lens for my Nikon. We were in Egypt over the summer and I had my bag on the dresser (limited space since we were staying with mil) and thought it was out of dd's reach. Dh was looking for something on the dresser and dd thought she was helping I guess and managed to grab the strap of my bag and pull it down onto the floor. I cried. It was my favorite and most used lens. If you know anything about Nikkor lenses, you know those babies aren't cheap.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN