Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Will young marriages fail?
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Do you think people that get married when they are young are doomed?  I got married at19.

Replies

• Sailor_nena
    November 15, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    I got married the day I turned 18. We are very much in love. Married almost 9 years, have been together for a little over 10.
  • lanys_mom
    November 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    I got married at 19.. we've been married for 6 years already..
  • NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    November 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I got married at 18, after being together since I was 14 and knowing him since I was in gradeschool. I think it depends on the majurity and understanding of the couple themselves. Hubby and I have overcome a lot, but its only made us stronger. We have now been married 8 yrs and together 12 yrs and I am pretty sure nothing aside from God can seperate us! But we took the commitment very seriously!

• Nicoleb9
    November 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Doomed? No. I was married at 19 and we're still together after 12 years of marriage and 16 together. I will say that statistically the marriage is more likely to fail and you'll probably have a lot of extra challenges. But it's not doomed.
  • beeky
    by beeky
    November 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM

The odds are against young marriages succeeding, but that doesn't mean they won't.

The odds are against long distance relationships too, but mine worked out.

• MarShy740
    November 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    I got married at 20 we have been together 5 years before that abs going strong!
  • Isaacsmom913
    November 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I was married at 22. and he 21.   We're now pushing 15 years of marriage.  It hasn't always been roses and unicorns but we are still going strong!  I think any marriage can fail if the partners in the marriage want it too.

• bunnywzrd
    November 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I got married at 18. We have been married for 10 and a half years now and together for 12 with no end in sight.

• Ms.Pteranodon
    November 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    I was 16 when I married my DS dad. I was pregnant and we did it for all the wrong reasons. It didn't last long and we were divorced before my DS was 1.

• mattiehatter
    November 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I don't think so, but I think there are a great many who don't 100% know what it takes to hold a marriage together. There is also a great amount of growing up and changing during early adult life for so many and so many grow apart. I've been married for only 2 years and married a few days before my 22nd birthday.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN