Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Will young marriages fail?
by Anonymous
November 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Do you think people that get married when they are young are doomed?  I got married at19.

Replies

• Sailor_nena
    November 15, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    I got married the day I turned 18. We are very much in love. Married almost 9 years, have been together for a little over 10.
  • lanys_mom
    November 15, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    I got married at 19.. we've been married for 6 years already..
  • NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    November 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I got married at 18, after being together since I was 14 and knowing him since I was in gradeschool. I think it depends on the majurity and understanding of the couple themselves. Hubby and I have overcome a lot, but its only made us stronger. We have now been married 8 yrs and together 12 yrs and I am pretty sure nothing aside from God can seperate us! But we took the commitment very seriously!

• Nicoleb9
    November 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    Doomed? No. I was married at 19 and we're still together after 12 years of marriage and 16 together. I will say that statistically the marriage is more likely to fail and you'll probably have a lot of extra challenges. But it's not doomed.
  • beeky
    by beeky
    November 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM

The odds are against young marriages succeeding, but that doesn't mean they won't.

The odds are against long distance relationships too, but mine worked out.

• MarShy740
    November 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    I got married at 20 we have been together 5 years before that abs going strong!
  • Isaacsmom913
    November 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I was married at 22. and he 21.   We're now pushing 15 years of marriage.  It hasn't always been roses and unicorns but we are still going strong!  I think any marriage can fail if the partners in the marriage want it too.

• bunnywzrd
    November 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I got married at 18. We have been married for 10 and a half years now and together for 12 with no end in sight.

• Ms.Pteranodon
    November 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    I was 16 when I married my DS dad. I was pregnant and we did it for all the wrong reasons. It didn't last long and we were divorced before my DS was 1.

• mattiehatter
    November 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I don't think so, but I think there are a great many who don't 100% know what it takes to hold a marriage together. There is also a great amount of growing up and changing during early adult life for so many and so many grow apart. I've been married for only 2 years and married a few days before my 22nd birthday.

Mom Confessions