Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
DH shot our neighbors dog today..
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
He is a police officer and keeps a gun on him 24-7. DD, DH an I were playing outside today and the dog ran at DD and attempted to bite her. After I picked her up, he shot the dog. I am upset, not because he protected our daughter but because our neighbors are extremely redneck and quite frankly I am afraid they will attempt to do something while I am home alone. I have been having anxiety since this has happened. Its completely ridiculous.

Replies

• jamminmomma
    November 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Should have called Animal Control officer not done this himself... just my opinion..

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    November 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Most I know that consider themselves rednecks are extremely smart although some are not smart in the traditional way. We call those backwards idiots you're talking about trailer trash no matter what they live in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha - I didn't catch the typo.  (got me)

Anyway,  I think of rednecks as "stupid" or at the very least, "uneducated".

Many folks confuse an accent or a certain geography for "redneck". 

I think it's more an issue of education and cultural sophiscation.

Are there educated and/or intelligent "rednecks"?  

Sure (I guess) .... however, I would think that they are the exception to the definition.

Quoting bmw29:

Rednecks aren't usually stupid. LOL but for future reference it's aggressive. Just a little lesson from a redneck. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

It's good to hear that this agressive dog was taken out.

I would contact an attorney and send a nastygram to the redneck neighbor....  make something up, agressive dog...  yadda yadda, trespass, traumatic event ... whatever.

Remember, they are rednecks, hence - stupid. 

They will back away if they think the law is against them.

• mamalove619
    November 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    I'm glad your little girl is okay. But, I do not like your comment about rednecks. Its stereotypical.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    I assumed people read all of the comments..and used common sense to see it was a counter statement to a comment above.

Quoting jstanthrmom:

Obviously you know how to quote...

Quoting Anonymous:

It wasnt for the dog. If you could read properly you'd see it was below a comment reffering to getting a lawyer and claiming they couldn't come onto our property.

Quoting Anonymous:

dogs cant read.  just sayin.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have no trespassing signs up.

• divinedimension
    November 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    Umm hello the dog was going for the little girl. If he had been allowed to proceed to bite her and possibly kill her now THAT would have been extreme. Human life>animal life when it comes to safety of our children.

Quoting Anonymous:

That seems a bit extreme :/

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    Stereotypes are there for a reason......it obviously held true in this case.

Quoting mamalove619:

I'm glad your little girl is okay. But, I do not like your comment about rednecks. Its stereotypical.

• debramommyof4
    November 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Not all rednecks are stupid. That is a horrible stereo type.  It is like saying all black people are going to shoot you or all Jewish people are rich.  It is not true.  None of them are.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's good to hear that this agressive dog was taken out.

I would contact an attorney and send a nastygram to the redneck neighbor....  make something up, agressive dog...  yadda yadda, trespass, traumatic event ... whatever.

Remember, they are rednecks, hence - stupid. 

They will back away if they think the law is against them.

• jstanthrmom
    November 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM

No need to be snotty but then again I should consider the source. You come off like a judgemental person.

I assumed people read all of the comments..and used common sense to see it was a counter statement to a comment above.

Quoting jstanthrmom:

Obviously you know how to quote...

Quoting Anonymous:

It wasnt for the dog. If you could read properly you'd see it was below a comment reffering to getting a lawyer and claiming they couldn't come onto our property.

Quoting Anonymous:

dogs cant read.  just sayin.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have no trespassing signs up.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    Well, here if you have toilets on your porch, tie a horse to the oak tree in your front yard. You are categorized as redneck and trashy. There is not a line between the two here.

Quoting mamalove619:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    It's a shame the dog paid the price for the owners not being responsible, however I have been there before. My brother had to shoot a dog that was cornering my little brother and myself, very aggresive. We felt bad but there was no other choice :(

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts