Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Can someone please explain to me the logic behind..
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Being broke, yet being a SAHM and receiving welfare to provide?

If you are Willing to receive welfare, why wouldn't you receive childcare
assistance so that you can work, instead of receive benefits to prevent you from providing for your own children?

Replies

• The.Hug.Life
    November 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I think that some it has to do with if there are two incomes coming in the PA benefits will be cut and then her paycheck will go to childcare and her take home pay will be practically zero. The system is messed up, it practically forces it's users to be dependent on the state.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    Is this what someone asked you!!!?! Lol
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    This again ?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    But child care assistance for a couple is much higher income limit requirement than typical welfare? Meaning husband can make a lot more money a month and wife can make an average amount of money while still qualifying for daycare assistance?

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

I think that some it has to do with if there are two incomes coming in the PA benefits will be cut and then her paycheck will go to childcare and her take home pay will be practically zero. The system is messed up, it practically forces it's users to be dependent on the state.

• The.Hug.Life
    November 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I don't know about specifics. I was just speculating. 

Quoting Anonymous:

But child care assistance for a couple is much higher income limit requirement than typical welfare? Meaning husband can make a lot more money a month and wife can make an average amount of money while still qualifying for daycare assistance?

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

• Leissaintexas
    November 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Years ago, when kids were little, we struggled financially and needed just a lttle help. We were on FS for 4 months. I got asked this a lot. Between the cost of transportation, work clothes, and other costs of working,  the money I would've brought home would not have been worth it. Besides, my dh and I commited to me being home with the kids and he feels its more important than what little money I could have made. He takes a lot of pride in being the provider for his family and didn't want me to have to work. There is no way on this earth we would have put our kids in daycare.

• beerabitch69
    November 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Ugh. Yeah. This again.
  • sarah.xo
    November 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    Another topic that causes drama.
  • thetrollcat
    November 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

In my opinion it should be REQUIRED they must work to qualify for PA, required. Yes I think PA should up their grants for child care.

• dee1603
    by dee1603
    November 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    Where are you living that this is true?

In AZ there is a 2 YEAR waiting list for daycare assistance, which you may or may not get approved for. Who can wait that long?

It would cost me more to work than stay home because we wouldn't qualify for assistance. I'm not getting assistance but that's besides the point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting The.Hug.Life:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts