Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
peachesforme
Are you looking forward to seeing family over Thanksgiving? or dreading it?
November 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I am really not in the mood to go to grandma in law's house this thanksgiving.  There is nothing to talk about or do so it's super boring.  After 3 or 4 hours, I'm ready to go, but dh wants to sit there for 9 hours because it's his biological grandmother.  And he says she won't live too much longer so he wants to visit all he can.  We always have to get up around 9 am, rush to get kids dressed, and I'll catch maybe 30 minutes of the parades on tv, but then we have to rush out the door and drive 50 miles away for thanksgiving lunch promptly at noon.  Then we all sit around till 8pm at her house.  I'm ready to leave by 3.  All I want to do is relax in my own house and liesurly watch the thanksgiving parades. I'm dreading it and feel like taking a break this year and do what I want for a change. 

Replies

• lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    November 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I love the family that is coming so I'm looking forward to it.

• bedtimehereyet
    November 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    We stay home. Peaceful, stress free, and nice.
  • peachesforme
    November 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I've missed my parades and time to relax for 10 yrs now. forgot to add that.

• Butterfly1108
    November 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I know how you feel but then I tell myself I should be happy that I have a family to share these special holidays just try to suck it up, before you know it it will be January 

I just want to spend the holidays here in my own home with my family and call it good. You are not alone ;)0

• mom2savannah731
    November 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I am because it will more than likely be the last time I see my grandma.  She is really sick and we are hoping that she at least makes it till Thanksgiving when my sister and I can be there.   

• IndescribableMa
    November 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Honestly I don't know lol. I miss our families but there's always some kind of drama that gets started when everyone is together. Every single time. So here we are, another year later, saying once again: maybe this year will be different. ;) The best part (other than the delicious food!) is all the kiddos excited to see each other & play together. We are always exhausted afterwards, but that is to be expected. Overall, yes I'll be happy to see everyone, just hope the drama is left at the door! :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

I love it and can't wait!!!

• lovinglife0682
    I am so looking forward to it. There will be 50 people a my moms house. Our family all has a great time together.
  • Dzyre1115
    November 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I love going to my in-laws, always sixty or so people/kids, so there is always someone to talk to, something to see, lots of good food and lots of fun!

• Ireallydontcare
    November 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Dreading big time

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN