Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Help! I think she is going to kill herself....
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I am really worried about my mother. She is showing all the signs of someone who is going to attempt suicide. Not only has she been depressed for a long time but now she is starting to talk about dividing up things between me and my sisters and just getting rid of the rest of her stuff. She also said she is going to move out of her sisters house and move into her mothers house because she is having problems with her sister and niece. She also stated that she will only be staying with her mother for one month and after that she is going to leave and just disappear. I know for a fact she has nowhere else to go. She has no job. My little sisters dh will not let her move with them, my older sister has no room due to her living with her bf, their daughter, and his parents, and for some reason she refuses to come and stay with Dh and I. I've tried to help her. I am always there for her when she needs someone to talk to or cry to. I call her everyday and me and Dd talk to her. But I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't think what I'm doing is enough. I'm starting to get really worried. I want to try to get her admitted somewhere even though she would hate me for awhile but it's the only thing I can think of. I just don't know how to do it. Has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone please help me? 

Replies

• casah4
    by casah4
    November 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I can help from the perspective of being the person who was committed. I was suicidal and my husband took note of everything, went to the courthouse and petitioned the judge to have me involuntarily taken to the mental hospital. A sherrif's officer picked me up and took me in. They evaluated me and ended up admitting me (with the help of all the information my DH had written down) and got me stable. It sucked and I hated being there, but I know it was for the best and I'm better (and not bitter) now. I don't know what the exact process would be for you, but this was my experience.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    What is that? I've never heard of it.

Quoting msmom29:

You could call adult procreative services and see if they can help in anyway. They may be able to get her evaluated and do something to her her.
  • Anonymous 1
    November 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    Thank you for sharing that. I'll call the court house and see what they say. I'm glad you got better :)

Quoting casah4:

I can help from the perspective of being the person who was committed. I was suicidal and my husband took note of everything, went to the courthouse and petitioned the judge to have me involuntarily taken to the mental hospital. A sherrif's officer picked me up and took me in. They evaluated me and ended up admitting me (with the help of all the information my DH had written down) and got me stable. It sucked and I hated being there, but I know it was for the best and I'm better (and not bitter) now. I don't know what the exact process would be for you, but this was my experience.

• msmom29
    by msmom29
    November 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    It's kind of like child protective services but it's for adults. Wether they maybe mentally unstable and can't care for themselves or physically unable. I'm pretty sure they would evaluate her and get the help she needs. Look up your local cos and ask if they have an adult protective service in your area.
  • wulfeyes05
    November 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Call the cops

• Anonymous 1
    November 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    I will thank you.

Quoting msmom29:

It's kind of like child protective services but it's for adults. Wether they maybe mentally unstable and can't care for themselves or physically unable. I'm pretty sure they would evaluate her and get the help she needs. Look up your local cos and ask if they have an adult protective service in your area.
  • laranadtony
    November 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM

The problem with bakker acting (which is what some of these women are talking about ) is that in some states, you can only bakker act someone who is on drugs.

I tried to get a judicial commitment on my son and the only way they will do it is if I can prove he is on drugs.

• Anonymous 1
    November 14, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    So what can I do?? I know she isn't on drugs.

Quoting laranadtony:

The problem with bakker acting (which is what some of these women are talking about ) is that in some states, you can only bakker act someone who is on drugs.

I tried to get a judicial commitment on my son and the only way they will do it is if I can prove he is on drugs.

• laranadtony
    November 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

So what can I do?? I know she isn't on drugs.

Quoting laranadtony:

Honey, I wish I knew. 

My son is sitting down in the middle of the road and stepping in front of cars, all because they cannot get his shunt to work right and they are telling me that as an adult, I cannot do anything unless he admits suicidal tendacies.

I got a judicial hearing but they won't do anything. They court ordered him to keep trying with the medical procedures because he has said he is tired of having surgery but other than that....

• Mommytotwins44
    November 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    this. i know for a fact because i have been suicidal you can call an ambulance to come get her and they will put her on a 72 hour hold. they will keep her longer if need be. last time i called an ambulance to come get me before i hurt myself i ended up on lock down for 3 weeks till i was put on meds and they were the right meds. sorry you all are going through this... hugs..

Quoting Anonymous:

1-800-273-TALK- Suicide Prevention Line.

If she is being a risk to herself (actually doing physical things to harm herself) you can call the sherrifs department and they will put a 5150 hold on her.

Try getting her into talk to someone. Google Crisis Centers in your area.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN