Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My toddler handed me a snake
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM

my 3 year old found a grass snake yesterday and came and handed it to me.  I freaked out even though I knew it wasn't poisonous.  He was so proud of himself.

Replies

• lanceandhailey
    November 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM

OMG I don't know what I would do! I get the heebie jeebies thinking about having to touch it!

• -ZombieGirl-
    November 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    Hahaha I did the same thing to my grandma when I was little.
  • pj2becca21
    November 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM

One thing I will say is did you have him wash his hand??? snake carry a bactrial like smanila, not as bad as it is if you get it from eating undercook chicken, but you still get horrible shits. my hubby went to school to work with snakes and he want me to say that before i put anything else down.....

Sanke are a part of every day life... we would love some for our gopher problem. we have rattle snakes boy those are some mean little shits. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

My Dh used to find snakes and lizards when he was little. He would always put them in the vegetable bin in the fridge because they were hot outside. I'm sure his mom loved him for that. LOL!

• Meghan6391
    November 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM
    They aren't poisonous but if you get bit you can still get pretty sick. My fil tried showing my hubs and his brothers not to be scared of them but don't play with them and let one bite him he was sick for two weeks lol... nice idea stupid person
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 14, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Haha. Old Yeller. Little Arliss kept snakes (poisonous) in his pockets and Mama would find them at the end of the day!

• Isaacsmom913
    November 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

my 3 year old found a grass snake yesterday and came and handed it to me.  I freaked out even though I knew it wasn't poisonous.  He was so proud of himself.

Mine would have needed to know CPR!  I can just imagine the look on your little guys face :)

• she_walk_softly
    November 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    My girl caught a guinea (bigger then a chicken,fast,mean ground fowl)this week.I was feeding the chickens and turn around and she has one by the legs upside down,farmer style! She is 3 and a total cowgirl :)
  • squeekers
    November 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM

wiggley animals stay outside, please.

• smurfbitebug
    November 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    I actually hope DD does this. I did when I was a kid. Constantly catching things and caring for them. I learned a lot that way.. maybe she will, too.
    That being said, with copperheads around I can understand the worry.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts