Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
who thinks we should boycott stores open on thanksgiving for early sales?
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I think everyone should boycott stores opening on Thursday for Black Friday. I understand that those people that work on retail do need to do their job, but this is just ridiculous.

I thought opening at MIDNIGHT on Thursday night/Friday morning was extreme! Now a lot of stores are opening all day Thanksgiving!

People that work retail get two days off in the holiday season, Thanksgiving & Christmas. That's it. Usually they are working until midnight the night before the holidays, and showing up at 5 am the next day. Those are usually the two days they can count to see (local) family, going out of state is out of the question.

So can someone please help me make one of those chain email things that we can pass around Facebook and inboxes, so maybe these big companies will get the message!

Thanksgiving is for family, not consumerism!

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    I'm talking about the companies now opening on thanksgiving, not black Friday.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Fuck no. If they dont want to work on holidays, then they can get a job where they dont have to. I am not going to try to boycott my 2nd favorite shopping day of the year. 

Also Black friday makes these companies too much money for your little boycott to bother them.

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    November 14, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Good luck with that.

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy

Other than emergency responders, no one should have to work that day end of story.

Quoting Anonymous:

big deal...Alot of jobs have to work on holidays including doctors, nurses, solidiers, people who work at restraunts, and the list goes on.....

• MissMysteriouss
    Not me. I am going shopping.
  • Keara20
    by Keara20
    You don't work, yet you're complaining about other people having to work? Lol ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel that grocery stores should close on thanksgiving. I honestly didn't know any were open. I did not say it was part of the job...I also do not have a job, I'm not sure why you are so hostile towards me.

Quoting Keara20:

Ok if you're willing to do that. How about letting grocery stores close on thanksgiving in Christmas?? We have to stay open because of morons who can't buy their crap in advance and lose time with our families! Oh but its part of the job you say? So is working retail. you knew of black friday when you applied, suck it up and do your job. sometimes you have to work holidays. If you dont want to work holidays, get a job where you get weekends and holidays off

• olliesmommy2
    November 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I worked every day my employer would pay me for. You dont have to celebrate with your family on thursday the 23rd for it to be thanksgiving. My husband has a strange schedule this year, so we are celebrating christmas on the sunday before, who cares? If you have a job, work.

• Anonymous 1
    November 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    Ok then get to applying! There are tons of jobs in Indiana. I could have 5 today of I wanted without putting down my actual skills.

Quoting msalice_21:

Um actually.. yeah there are. Cause i know a ton of people who would. Personally. Myself included

Quoting Anonymous:

• stephiebugg
    November 14, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I dont see the point in boycotting.
    I have to work on Thanksgiving, yet no one is boycotting where I work. Ah, that's the healthcare field for ya...

• stephiebugg
    November 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Yeah, I take care of developmentally disabled adults in a group home. They really need me there. Oh well. LOL I work Thanksgiving every year.

Quoting Kitschy:

Other than emergency responders, no one should have to work that day end of story.

Quoting Anonymous:

big deal...Alot of jobs have to work on holidays including doctors, nurses, solidiers, people who work at restraunts, and the list goes on.....

• Anonymous 1
    November 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    I have close friends and family that this affects. Plus once it becomes common to open on Thanksgiving, my families businesses will then have to open to keep up.

Quoting Keara20:

You don't work, yet you're complaining about other people having to work? Lol ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel that grocery stores should close on thanksgiving. I honestly didn't know any were open. I did not say it was part of the job...I also do not have a job, I'm not sure why you are so hostile towards me.

Quoting Keara20:

Ok if you're willing to do that. How about letting grocery stores close on thanksgiving in Christmas?? We have to stay open because of morons who can't buy their crap in advance and lose time with our families! Oh but its part of the job you say? So is working retail. you knew of black friday when you applied, suck it up and do your job. sometimes you have to work holidays. If you dont want to work holidays, get a job where you get weekends and holidays off

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN