Mom Confessions

ashleymosq
Some of you just don't get it... (yes another secession post.)
November 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I know some are getting sick of reading and hearing about this, so of course you have the right to not read or read and explain just how sick of it you are lol. 

I think some are not quite getting it though. It is not about not wanting to be an American anymore. No where is anyone saying that they don't want to be an American by signing or even making these petitions. It is individuals that are making the petitions, and these individuals have nothing to do with the actual state's government that they are making the petitions for. What it is all about is the people getting sick of how the government is running things. Over the years American citizens have been given less and less chances to really say how they feel. We are given things to vote on, but when you have to start voting on the lesser of the two evils on things, it is kind of pointless. We are giving choices that are made by the government, not by the people. The petitions are trying to show the government that the people are fed up with the way things are being run. Not about actually leaving America, but about making a point. Telling them hey, we don't like the way this country is being run, we want something done about it. Over the years we have just went with how things are, and now it is time to take a stand and say this is enough. We can not continue to live like this. We want something different. We want things to be better. We want our voices to be heard. 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    Thanks for spelling it right at least.
  • harpsichord
    November 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    I sense a theme today.
  • km1970
    by km1970
    November 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Maybe instead of signing petitions, the people that have problems with the government should run for office themselves. Get involved with local and state politics. Become a voice for change instead of a random name on an internet petition.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I DON'T CARE!!!
    Have a nice day y'all
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

And OP may I add that it's not whether you're living in a Red or Blue state or who you voted for, but about the federal government as a whole.

• mommyoftwo103
    November 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I imagine this is how the English felt when they decided to leave and come over here. Tired of the government.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Americans have the chance to say how they feel every two years.
  • ashleymosq
    November 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Sometimes it takes something drastic to finally get the attention that is needed to correct a problem.

Quoting km1970:

Maybe instead of signing petitions, the people that have problems with the government should run for office themselves. Get involved with local and state politics. Become a voice for change instead of a random name on an internet petition.

• Aydans_Mommy
    November 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM
    You just answered the question I was going to ask.

Mom Confessions