Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Kitschy
Do you or your husband do voices and or impressions?
by Kitschy
November 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I love listening to the little nuances of people's speech and voices. I've always been able to mimic people. I do different voices for different characters in books for the kids but my kids especially like that I do Elmo, Kermit, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy. They have me sing bedtime stories in character. My son likes to hand me different stuffed animals while I'm singing to have me change my voice throughout the song.

They recently have requested Fozzie Bear. That's going to take some studying for me. 

Do you or your husband mimic voices?

Replies

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    November 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Just what I thought. I'm the only dork here. lol

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM

My husband can do some voices pretty well! There are a few, but my favorite is that he can do Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force (that one's not for the kids lol but I love it!)

I can't get it quite right, but I've got the general tone and ups and downs that Barney uses... so I always wind up playng Barney while DD is Baby Bop lol

I use different voices for the characters when we read, they're not always accurate but she still loves it! :)

• beerabitch69
    November 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    We have our own voices for each other. We are weird.
  • -42-
    by -42-
    November 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

We have total dork days here, lol.

Pirates, Scots, The Annoying Orange gang, etc.

Everyone has to stay in character, at least through dinner.

• crescentstar2

We do accents more than characters but I can do a mean Blue from blues clues 

• Greenstone920

I'm not necessarily good at mimicking, but I do voices all the time.  Especially for stories - every character has their own voice. 

• Mrs.Bryant1201
    November 13, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    My husband does an amazing snape!
  • Emilytrademark

My husband does.. all the time. He is really good at it. He can also hear any voice from almost any celebrity (such as a voiced-over cartoon) and know who it is. It's really amazing.. I just wish he could make some real money off of it :P

• sam12796

I don't mimic but I will use alternate voices for stories and when we are playing. I make their stuffed animals talk in silly voices too.

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    November 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband can do some voices pretty well! There are a few, but my favorite is that he can do Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force (that one's not for the kids lol but I love it!)

I can't get it quite right, but I've got the general tone and ups and downs that Barney uses... so I always wind up playng Barney while DD is Baby Bop lol

I use different voices for the characters when we read, they're not always accurate but she still loves it! :)

When I was a teen, I used to do voices for my neices and nephews. I remember my niece saying once "Auntie Nicki, please make Ariel come out of your mouth" LOL

I can do most of the characters in Winnie the Poo so the kids pick those books pretty often.

I'm so glad I'm not the only dork. And yeah, kids don't care how accurate they are. My Fozzie bear sounds like grover or Marvin the martian right now and they couldn't care less.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts