Mom Confessions

Kitschy
Do you or your husband do voices and or impressions?
by Kitschy
November 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I love listening to the little nuances of people's speech and voices. I've always been able to mimic people. I do different voices for different characters in books for the kids but my kids especially like that I do Elmo, Kermit, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy. They have me sing bedtime stories in character. My son likes to hand me different stuffed animals while I'm singing to have me change my voice throughout the song.

They recently have requested Fozzie Bear. That's going to take some studying for me. 

Do you or your husband mimic voices?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Yes. I like talking in a british accent when reading them their Charlie and Lola books. Lol they love it!
  • Brandyns87
    November 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Sometimes I talk like an old southern black person... you know how they talked in The Color Purple? I'm the only one who thinks it's funny though. My boyfriend has this nerdy, nasally voice he uses. He's weird. My son tries to talk with a British accent.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    We mimic voices all the time but my husband is the best! I swear he should get into VoiceOver work because he's so good. He can do accents really well, too. For instance, we make our dog and cat "talk" and they each have unique voices. Our pug speaks on a little French girl accent and our cat is British, but not the queen's English, like a flower girl accent. We have puppets that he has assigned specific voices to as well.

The best voice I do is Dobby from Harry Potter.
  • mami2my3rugratz
    November 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    I'm the witty one, and I can do Elmo, some Fraggle Rock characters, SpongeBob, and a few others
  • KeiraRose
    November 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I use to be able to do Marvin the Martian when I was little, hubby can do the creepy old mans voice from Family Guy lol.

Mom Confessions