Mom Confessions

Anonymous
child having to fast
by Anonymous
November 13, 2012 at 9:26 AM
If your child was having a procedure done that they would have to fast for would you fast with them?

I would, I would never eat if my child couldn't. I would even fast if my df had too. Though he wouldn't and I would never ask him to.

Replies

• KrissyKC
    November 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I wouldn't eat in front of them...

but after they were in bed and asleep???  probably.   I would want to be in the best mood possible to help support my kid the next day, and feeling hungry wouldn't help...  LOL!

But, some proceedures allow you to drink clear liquids and such... jello that doesn't have red food dye... etc...  I'd be sure to give my kid as much as I could.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 13, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    Bump
  • brettsmomma
    November 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM

We all fasted with my son the night before his surgery. :) 

• beerabitch69
    November 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    I would.
  • SuperPickle
    November 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I wouldnt eat in front of them, no way. But I will need my wits about me to be strong for THEM too. Eating is an important tool to keep a level head.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    I would if he was awake the whole time. When he had to get his tubes put in I ate while he was in bed and ate again when he was able to. It sucked because he was supposed to get it done at 6am but didn't get it done until 930am. Poor baby was starving and so thirsty.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I can't I have to eat for blood sugar issues but I certainly wouldn't eat in front of them.

• MrsRi
    by MrsRi
    November 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Of course.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    I wouldn't eat in front of them but I'd eat away from them. When my son was a toddler he had to fast for surgery which kept getting postponed so he wound up fasting from bedtime one day till almost midnight the next. About three o'clock in the afternoon a patient advocate came around and basically ordered my husband and I to take turns going down for lunch because we couldn't care for him properly without fuel.
  • aimhawk
    by aimhawk
    November 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I'm nursing DS, so I have to eat but I would do it where DD couldn't see. Now if it was DS I don't know what we would do since he is a baby.

Mom Confessions