Anonymous
I Think They SHOULD Secede from the Union
by Anonymous
November 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

GET out--...good riddance

Replies

• miss_lisa
    November 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    I don't want to secede BUT if my state did it would be financially independent. I'm in ND, our jobs are from oil and agriculture so we would be just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

dont' you think if your state secedes, that will change?  suppose your state secedes, taking the jobs and housing market with it?  you may not have a choice...

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Well, considering that our home, jobs and lives are here....

We can't just pack up and move.

Quoting Anonymous:

beings as it's still a free country for people to move where ever they'd like, there are no excuses

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Those idiots don't speak for everyone in their state though.

This.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Precisely - this goes deeper than one individual.

Quoting Anonymous:

California, Ohio, and Delaware now have petitions to secede. Those were blue states. Obviously, I'm aware of these petitions not speaking for the state population as a whole. But, I don't think it's specifically directed at Obama. He's just one person. I think they're angry with the government in general. And, for the record, I am a North Carolinian who voted for Romney and I have no intent of signing the petition.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you do not want to be American just because Obama won presidency.

Then do not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

My only qualm being make this a Romney supporter issue not a whole state issue.

This isnt about your state or America..your state isnt the problem...and America voted majority for Obama....The problem is you so bye!!

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    November 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    Why assume all conservatives are complaining? Some of us understand what it means to live in a democracy and that, though disappointing, your candidate does not always win.

Quoting Anonymous:

then those who are opposed should get out there an open their  mouths too!!!! Dont just sit there and complain!!

Quoting mom2ljh:

A single outspoken extremist and those who sign these petitions don't speak for all residents of these states.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM

i didn't assume a thing...i simply said if people are not happy with it, get out and open your mouth too!!  Sitting in your house complaining on the internet isn't doing any good to move things in a different direction.  

Quoting mom2ljh:

Why assume all conservatives are complaining? Some of us understand what it means to live in a democracy and that, though disappointing, your candidate does not always win.

Quoting Anonymous:

then those who are opposed should get out there an open their  mouths too!!!! Dont just sit there and complain!!

Quoting mom2ljh:

A single outspoken extremist and those who sign these petitions don't speak for all residents of these states.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    Here's an idea, if you don't want American freedoms for all-even the people you don't agree with-then YOU get out! Find a country that does things the way you want and they don't tolerate anything different. And immigrate there! Those people are pissed because they are now a minority that is being forced to do things they don't believe in-their ancestors immigrated to America for freedom-not more government dictated beliefs and forced actions.

Quoting Anonymous:

GET out--...good riddance

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    November 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    I'm not complaining. I stated these extremists do not speak for the masses. Your reply was irrelevant.

Quoting Anonymous:

i didn't assume a thing...i simply said if people are not happy with it, get out and open your mouth too!!  Sitting in your house complaining on the internet isn't doing any good to move things in a different direction.  

Quoting mom2ljh:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2ljh:

• momof3jam
    November 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Holy shit it's up to 30 now??? I need to keep up with this shit... Not so much that I care, but because it's NUTS and I want to see the outcome (or lack of).

Do you know if Illinois is one of them? And California?

Where are you finding a good reliable source for this info?

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Yeah. It is up to 30 now last I checked.

Quoting Anonymous:

who are you talking about? there are several states that are wanting to.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM
    I'm in GA and I think it is dumb as hell for these idiots to secede I will move before they do that I'm American and proud of it
  • ashleymosq

• Delaware
    • California
    • Ohio
    • Nevada
    • Pennsylvania
    • Arizona
    • Oklahoma
    • Arkansas
    • South Carolina
    • Georgia
    • Missouri
    • Tennessee
    • Michigan
    • New York
    • Colorado
    • Oregon
    • New Jersey
    • North Dakota
    • Montana
    • Indiana
    • Mississippi
    • Kentucky
    • Florida
    • North Carolina
    • Alabama
    • Texas
    • Louisiana

This is the list of states that have the petitions so far. Each state needs at 25,000 signatures. I know that Texas has over 60,000 already. 

So OP, do you live in any of these states?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    And when they are told no they will become a rebellion. Rise up against the government and a lot of people will die and we will be living in a Communist country.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well they're pretty stupid if they think it will actually work, the government would never let them go.  

Quoting Kmary:

Tell that to a Texan and see what they say.  Some probably are just using it as protest, but I think many are crazy enough to believe it would be better.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a PROTEST.  How many times do I have to point that out to you people?  I highly doubt most of the signers want or even expect to actually be allowed to secede, but they want the government to hear them and do something.  People have done this before, it's just much bigger now.  It is beyond unlikely that anyone will be allowed to secede, but with the number so high the government may try to do something to appease them.  Stop taking it so literally.

Mom Confessions