Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Surely Obama is not going to require this.....? ****UPDATED****
by Anonymous
November 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Someone said that Obamacare is going to require you to buy insurance or pay a fine?

HUH? This has got to be a rumor?

What do you do if you can't aford to buy it?  My dh only makes 38,000 a year and I am a SAHM and going to work is out of the question.

UPDATE:

First, thanks everyone for responding. THis is very educational.

2nd, I don't know if this is a rumor or not, but I heard that Denny's restaurant is going to cut hours of people because of the tax?!? Here is the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2233221/Dennys-charge-5-Obamacare-surcharge-cut-employee-hours-deal-cost-legislation.html

In the article (kinda towards the end) the Denny's guy said they would have to pay $5000 an employee per year for insurance?????????????? Surely that is NOT TRUE? $5000 a year per person for health insurance? So ifyou have 50 employees then you have to pay like $250,000 a year more for insurance? Is this true? Where is the money going to come from if this is true? 

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    November 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

The Supreme Court stated that it was a tax and yes there will be a fine if you do not purchase insurance.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

That is exactly right. You husbands employer will be required to supply you with reasonably priced insurance.

But my husband works for my dad and I know for a fact they cannot afford to pay for insurance.

• harpsichord
    November 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    Quit calling me Shirley
  • thetrollcat
    November 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

this is not particularly TRUE. If the business doesnt fit under the 50 plus workers

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

But my husband works for my dad and I know for a fact they cannot afford to pay for insurance.

Does he have over 50 employees?

• thetrollcat

Your taxes will go up (which is the fine people are talking about)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

Only employers with over 50 Full time employees will be required to provide affordable insurance.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

Where have you been? You all are just learning about this now?

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Let me guess, you voted for him?  And yes, it is true.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN