Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
So.Ill.Mama
Elf on the Shelf...eta: pictures of ideas =)
November 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

does your family do the elf on the shelf tradition? 

i just found out about it last year, a couple weeks before christmas... so i got one for us to put out this thanksgiving night to start our first year of the tradition.. i'm super excited!

what are some creative/fun/cute things your family's elf has done?? i'm up for all kinds of ideas! did/does he/she say good bye for the year in a cute way?? did they show up in a cute way?? any/all ideas welcome! =)

i found these pictures/ideas on google and thought they were cute =)

Replies

• lovinglife0682
    November 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Our Elf showed up with a North Pole Breakfast on December !st.

This one was their Favorite.

He left the girls each a note in their stockings on Christmas morning.

• .oOMellyOo.
    November 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

We've has smarty for several years now. He has rolled the house to make it while like the north pole, went fishing in the fish bowl, turned the milk green, he's left messages on the bathroom mirror  you can go on pintrest and get a whole slue of ideas!

• lovinglife0682
    November 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

My daughter was 2 1/2 the first year we did it and she totally understood.  She still remembers him and talks about him often.  She would jump out of bed to see what he was up to every morning.

Quoting keriley1:

I don't think my oldest will understand it yet, so we are going to start next year when she will be 4.

• So.Ill.Mama
    November 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

great ideas, ladies! bump for later when i get back ffrom taking dd1 to/from tumbling! =)

• LuvMyBoy08
    November 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    This will be our first year :)
  • haydsmom2007
    November 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

yes we have one. We did it last year and will again this year. He thinks it's funny. 

• keriley1
    November 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Really? Maybe I will try it then

Quoting lovinglife0682:

My daughter was 2 1/2 the first year we did it and she totally understood.  She still remembers him and talks about him often.  She would jump out of bed to see what he was up to every morning.

Quoting keriley1:

I don't think my oldest will understand it yet, so we are going to start next year when she will be 4.

• lovinglife0682
    November 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    I would totally recommend it. She loved the elf. My husband and I had an absolute ball finding new things for him to get into. She never tried to touch him. The book says you are not allowed to or he will lose his magic.

Quoting keriley1:

Really? Maybe I will try it then

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting keriley1:

• Thelmama
    November 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Here was one of ours.....LOL, things he did that is...LOL.

• Thelmama
    November 12, 2012 at 6:05 PM

another

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts