Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Jensep
Getting the flu while pregnant = autism?????
by Jensep
November 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Now before people start calling me crazy...I am NOT saying this is true!!!

I saw on the news today that a study has been done, women who had the flu while pregnant, or had a fever for more than a week are more likely to have a baby with autism....

Anyone have any truth to this...what are your thoughts....just curious..... ;)

Replies

• BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
    November 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Never heard of it.

Can't say I really believe it.

• myangels2
    November 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    I did not have the flu/fevers while PG with my first (he has Autism)......I think it's a bunch of crap. Way to push the flu vac even more on pregnant women!
  • Jensep
    by Jensep
    November 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Quoting myangels2:

I did not have the flu/fevers while PG with my first (he has Autism)......I think it's a bunch of crap. Way to push the flu vac even more on pregnant women!

i agree! I am 12 weeks pregnant right now, and the 2 times i have been to the doc they tried to send me to get the vax, ive refused both times!

• Jensep
    by Jensep
    November 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    Anything to pin Autism on something. Before you know it...breathing & giving birth will be the cause of it. Its ridiculous.
  • crescentstar2
    November 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

There's a study for everything to cause autism. I don't think they know what does

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Yeah you know all of these studies are so true!  NOT!  They are grasping for anything. 

• jb022210
    November 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM

my son has autism and ive never had the flu in my life, besides morning sickness and a few fainting spells i had a 100% healthy pregnancy, well not completely i did have a bad bleed at 9 weeks, but it was shown that it caused no effects.

• Momof5kids84
    November 12, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    I read an article that linked older dads to autism. Who knows? Everything causes something these days.
  • beachbabies6
    November 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM

no , i didnt have the flu with any of my kids while i was pregnant , one of my kids is still autistic , it is hereditary

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts