Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
The Turner syndrome post
by Anonymous
November 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I do feel really bad for the mother's losses.. I commented saying that. The I remembered something about Turner's:

Only girl can have Turner's, op said she had a son and daughter die from it... So is she lying?

Turner syndrome is a genetic condition in which a female does not have the usual pair of two X chromosomes.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
The normal amount of human chromosomes is 46. Chromosomes contain all of your genes and DNA, the building blocks of the body. Two of these chromosomes, the sex chromosomes, determine if you become a boy or a girl. Females normally have two of the same sex chromosomes, written as XX. Males have an X and a Y chromosome (written as XY).
In Turner syndrome, cells are missing all or part of an X chromosome. The condition only occurs in females. Most commonly, the female patient has only one X chromosome. Others may have two X chromosomes, but one of them is incomplete. Sometimes, a female has some cells with two X chromosomes, but other cells have only one.
Turner syndrome occurs in about 1 out of 2,000 live births.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    Maybe she never got to confirm the sex but felt in her heart it was a son?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM
    Baby was 19 weeks, she says in her post that its a boy, not that she felt it was

At 19 weeks she would know, if not before delivery she'd know after

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe she never got to confirm the sex but felt in her heart it was a son?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    Odds are 1/2000 yet she had two consecutive cases?
  • Momof5kids84
    November 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    I wouldn't waste my time trying to call out the liars on here. That, in itself, would be a full time job.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    Mosaic turners can affect boys, as well as Noonans. It's also genetic.
  • JessT5280
    November 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    What's your point. Her story was still heart wrenching.

Jesus, I swear people find the most stupid things to complain about on here.
  • cueballsmom
    November 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    You're research is not in depth. males can not be BORN with the syndrome, dear.

my son and daughter died in womb. testing of the chromosomes confirmed turners. Why would I lie?
  • pampire
    by pampire

IDC.  It was well written and moving.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I noticed that, too.  Honestly, I was already so creeped out by the way the whole thing was written that I just backed away slowly.

• imacafemomer
    November 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    I didnt read the op but I was going to say turners happens to one of a twin set many times

Quoting cueballsmom:

You're research is not in depth. males can not be BORN with the syndrome, dear.

my son and daughter died in womb. testing of the chromosomes confirmed turners. Why would I lie?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts