Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Moms who send thier kids to Dads house EVERY WEEKEND
by Anonymous
November 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
When do you spend time with your kids? Do you work on weekends? Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    So if dad got a weekend job and left the kids with grandparents while the mom does nothing all weekend, do you think it's right for the mom to send them with him knowing he doesn't keep them?
  • bri2011
    by bri2011
    November 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    I wldnt assume just bk the kiddos are with their dad moms getting a free break. She's prolly catching up on errands house work things needed to get done for the kids grocery shopping preparing things for the week. If u think about it 4 days a month compared to 26ish isn't a whole lot of time. I wouldn't judge this scenario as a bad thing if it works for mom dad and the kids. Everyones situation is different of course. But if it works..it works.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM

You think your ex seeing them twice a month is quality time? LOL what a joke.

We spend plenty of quality time together. Every morning we take the dogs for a walk, come home and make breakfast together. Then we eat together and talk and laugh....

After school I help them with homework then we play board games together for 2 hours, or to the playground or the beach before we start making supper together as a family. We eat together, laugh together.

Monday nights after supper we relax together, read to each other, play games, bake cookies together, decorate cup cakes together and drop them off at the old folks home on Tuesday mornings.

Tuesday night is movie night. We go to the movies or rent movies, order pizza, make popcorn.

Wednesday nights we go swimming at the local YMCA and then play in the gym... basketball, floor hockey, catch, tag, soccer baseball, etc.

Thursday nights we go bike riding at park which happens to also have a playground, petting zoo and picnic park. We pack a picnic and eat by the lake.

Friday nights we camp out or have a slumber party in the living room (depending on the weather). We tell stories, share memories, look through the photo albums....

And at the beginning of every month I sit down with my kids and we choose a new weekly schedule.

I feel sorry for your ex that he barely see's his children. But maybe he likes it that way. Sounds like your poor kids get very little quality time with their dad.. a little selfish on your part.

Quoting Anonymous:

You consider mornings before school quality time? And evenings? When do you take them to the park, go to the movies, etc?
    You don't ever want to spend a Saturday with your kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you spend time with your kids? In the mornings before school, and in the evenings.

Do you work on weekends? No

Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Yes. He WANTS to see his children, because, you know, he LOVES them.

Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? No, what a stupid things to ask.

I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. Good for you. That works for you guys. Your ex is fine with hardly seeing his kids, mine wouldn't be.

I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation? It's what I wanted and it's what my ex wanted. It works great for us :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Lol, they are also not only mine. Stop acting like you are the only one entitled to having the love of your children. If their father is a good one then he'd never settle for eow, or when mom says he can be around.

My husband is a real man and a damn good father. He would never settle for less time because I said so. Nor would I do that to him. I wouldn't do it to my kids. They love him and gain a lot of awesome attributes with him. My sons would be very sad to only see their dad a handful of days a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

The concept of Sharing? No, children aren't property. They should have a stable home life and not be bounced around every week. IMO

Quoting Anonymous:

Of my husband and I were to divorce there would be no eow. We would split the boys 50/50. My husband is an awesome and involved father who WANTS to spend all the time he can with our kids. I'm not so selfish that I couldn't share. Isn't that a concept that is learned in kindergarten? Seems like way to many women were absent on the day the lesson of sharing was taught.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    I know someone that does that but she doesn't work(she's 17) so she stays home all week with the kids. the dad gets the 2 kids on weekends and she uses that time to go hang out with her new boyfriend.
  • Cochise
    by Cochise
    November 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM

My poor brother doesn't even get to see his kids every weekend... it's every other weekend and then if his exwife gets in a nasty mood...she tells him he can't have them for that weekend. Talk about not fair.

Quoting Anonymous:

who cares and talk about fair...How is it fair for the women to have the kids all week and do everything she has to while the man only sees the kids 4 days a month? How is it fair that dad only gets to see his kids 4 days a month?

• Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    So you don't think they might feel bad that they never get to wake up and spend the day with mom? That every 5 days they have to pack up and leave but mom has no plans on her days off?

Quoting mom2monsterboys:

You're right he doesn't owe the mom, he owes his KIDS, you know the ones that he also helped to create?

Quoting Anonymous:

The mom has no choice in being pregnant for nine months if she's going to have a baby. If she didn't want to be then she shouldn't have had a kid. The dad doesn't owe the mom forever because she was pregnant for nine months. That's kind of how biology works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao too much for the dad? Um really hes got all week to do what he wants, and when mom was pregnant for nine months dad still got to do what he wanted. Lmao every weekend isn't going to hurt poor old daddy, if he's a man hes gonna put his childs needs before his own

Quoting Anonymous:

Not saying the father shouldn't enjoy his kids but maybe he wants to have free time to himself as well. Kids every single weekend while the mom has off seems off balance unless the mom is working. And it seems like too much back and forth between houses.

Quoting JLo1486:

Why shouldn't the father get to enjoy his kids too?

• 1likeme
    by 1likeme
    November 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    My ex has the boys almost every weekend. He doesn't keep them overnight unless I specifically request it though. HE is the person who wants it that way because his work schedule is pretty overwhelming. HE refuses to change anything about his shifts but he is still an active father when he can be.

I spend my time catching up on chores or doing things I enjoy that aren't kid friendly. Such as movies, local exhibits, hanging out with friends. Most weekends I have things to accomplish. I don't have a boyfriend but if I did I would use that time to see him because I am adamant about keeping my children's home boyfriend free. I don't feel bad for my ex I feel relieved for my children that their father chooses to spend his time with them. He was a spectacularly shitty husband but he is doing what he can to be a good father.
  • Anonymous
    November 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    Lol! Sounds like I hit I nerve? Maybe YOU know you don't spend time with your kids and are fine with it so you're trying to project that onto my ex and situation which you know nothing about? Doesn't even sound realistic that you do all these activities with yours on a SCHOOL NIGHT. Hmmm, yea ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

You think your ex seeing them twice a month is quality time? LOL what a joke.

We spend plenty of quality time together. Every morning we take the dogs for a walk, come home and make breakfast together. Then we eat together and talk and laugh....

After school I help them with homework then we play board games together for 2 hours, or to the playground or the beach before we start making supper together as a family. We eat together, laugh together.

Monday nights after supper we relax together, read to each other, play games, bake cookies together, decorate cup cakes together and drop them off at the old folks home on Tuesday mornings.

Tuesday night is movie night. We go to the movies or rent movies, order pizza, make popcorn.

Wednesday nights we go swimming at the local YMCA and then play in the gym... basketball, floor hockey, catch, tag, soccer baseball, etc.

Thursday nights we go bike riding at park which happens to also have a playground, petting zoo and picnic park. We pack a picnic and eat by the lake.

Friday nights we camp out or have a slumber party in the living room (depending on the weather). We tell stories, share memories, look through the photo albums....

And at the beginning of every month I sit down with my kids and we choose a new weekly schedule.

I feel sorry for your ex that he barely see's his children. But maybe he likes it that way. Sounds like your poor kids get very little quality time with their dad.. a little selfish on your part.

Quoting Anonymous:

You consider mornings before school quality time? And evenings? When do you take them to the park, go to the movies, etc?
    You don't ever want to spend a Saturday with your kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you spend time with your kids? In the mornings before school, and in the evenings.

Do you work on weekends? No

Do you think it's fair that you get every weekend off while dad never gets a free weekend? Yes. He WANTS to see his children, because, you know, he LOVES them.

Are you in a new relationship and want to spend all weekend laying around with your bf or party? No, what a stupid things to ask.

I have 3 kids and my ex and I do EOW visitation so we alternate weekends with the kids. I work all week so if I sent then away every weekend I'd barely see them and wouldn't be able to do fun things with them. Good for you. That works for you guys. Your ex is fine with hardly seeing his kids, mine wouldn't be.

I'm curious to know the logic behind every weekend visitation? It's what I wanted and it's what my ex wanted. It works great for us :)

• msjaxon
    by msjaxon
    November 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM
    She goes to her dads every weekend because I work events on Fri-Sun.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts