Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
sadeyez11
look at his eyes
November 11, 2012 at 4:05 AM

What thell is that lump on his eyelid???? He has had it for a while but its growing. i am thinking a month or two. At forst i though it was a bite but looking at it. its not a bite at all. im taking him to the dr as soon as possible. idk if they are open tomorrow but if not then first thing monday morning. but in the meantime does anyone know what it could be?

as a child i had horrible eye problems and now im scared he might be on the same path.

Replies

• mstkn.identity
    November 11, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    Could it be a stye (sp?)?

Does he complain of pain?
  • sadeyez11
    November 11, 2012 at 4:08 AM
    Hes 16mnths so he really doesnt. isnt a sty a lil white dot on the eyelid. i used to get them so bad they would bleed

Quoting mstkn.identity:

• MamaSwan001
    November 11, 2012 at 4:09 AM
    No idea here is a bump though
  • SOCO101
    by SOCO101
    November 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM

It does look like a stye to me, or maybe an ingrown hair? Did he hit it on anything?

• mstkn.identity
    November 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM
    I dunno. I didnt know if sty's were only located in certain spots or not.

My mom sometimes gets this weird "concrete" (as the eye doc called it) bump under her eye lid and it would scratch her eyeball.

It would deff take him to his ped or even an eye doc.

Good luck.

Quoting sadeyez11:

Hes 16mnths so he really doesnt. isnt a sty a lil white dot on the eyelid. i used to get them so bad they would bleed

Quoting mstkn.identity:

• SOCO101
    by SOCO101
    November 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM

He may even have a piece of dirt or eyelash in there that's getting irritated.

• haleymak
    November 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM
    I work for an eye doctor and have never heard of a sty lasting that long, but that would still be my first guess. Make sure you take him to an eye doctor specifically, I'm not sure how it is wherever you live, but where I live if you go to a medical doctor for eye problems you are most definitely waisting your time and money. Some doctors you can call for an emergency appointment and they will see you on a Sunday, but considering you have waited one-two months already idk if it would be considered an emergency. Whatever it is I hope it is no big deal and heals soon. Good luck to you both, I will pray for your son.
  • sadeyez11
    November 11, 2012 at 4:21 AM
    I did a little looking and found it may be a chalasion or meibomian cyst. im calling the eye dr monday morning to see how soon he can be seen
  • sadeyez11
    November 11, 2012 at 4:42 AM
    Bump
  • annas_momma
    November 11, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    I get stys all the time, and all of mine are under the eye lid (the part touching my eye). And they all look like that on the outside. I have currently had one for about 3 months now, but I just treat the symptoms so it doesn't get swollen like that. Def take him to an eye doctor to be on the safe side. They will know pretty darn quick if it is a simple sty or maybe something more serious.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN