Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Fired because she voted for Obama...
by Anonymous
November 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM
So I just heard today from my mom that her cousin (so my second cousin) who is a huge Obama supporter and campaigned tirelessly for him like most of my family did went to work Weds (she works as a Nanny fulltime) and the mother said to her "its your fault and people like you Romney lost you are fired get out." I just heard about this today, I guess her employers didn't care about her political affiliation when they thought Romney was gonna win. (Oh and she lives in a swing state PA) so that is why she says they fired her now, but is this illegal? Since its a nanny job not much she can do right? I can't believe what sour grapes her employers much have had to fire her for being a democrat. I mean seriously...

Replies

• Bri060492
    November 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

no idea here is a bump..

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I don't believe this is really true, but if she works in an at will state they can fire her for whatever.

• km1970
    by km1970
    November 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I believe PA is a right to work state..therefore someone can be fired without a reason.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM
    I mean I feel like even though its a nanny job she could still probably sue, but it seems like a lot of hassle. She cried about it a lot to my mom I guess, she said she felt so helpless because she did nothing wrong and these people always loved her til Wed morning when she showed up for work and they know her affiliations and looked furious.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I wouldn't have someone with different values than my own watching my children either. I see nothing wrong with it.

• JamminOutMama
    November 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    If she pays taxes id look into the law
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    Lol it happened...when my mom first told me I said wtf? Because I didn't know what my cousin does, she is good friends with my mom, we live in Ohio. My mom visits her a couple times a month I don't ever see her so when she said "your cousin Sharon was fired Weds for voting for Obama" I said "they can't do that!" Then she said "she's a fulltime nanny" I said "ohhh maybe they can?" And she explained in detail. I didn't believe it at first either!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe this is really true, but if she works in an at will state they can fire her for whatever.

• RoseBlossom
    November 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

eh...i think it would almost ALMOST be the same if someone was an Christian or and atheist and the nanny had different views than the family. it is pretty shitty though

• randi1978

Of course, like those with different beliefs are out to indoctrinate the kids, right?

If what the OP says is true, there is quite a bit wrong with what they did!

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't have someone with different values than my own watching my children either. I see nothing wrong with it.

• katiehopson

What can she sue for? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I feel like even though its a nanny job she could still probably sue, but it seems like a lot of hassle. She cried about it a lot to my mom I guess, she said she felt so helpless because she did nothing wrong and these people always loved her til Wed morning when she showed up for work and they know her affiliations and looked furious.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN