Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Anybody else ever fantasize about running away, or is it just me? Edit: Whoa! This post blew up! I'm going to try to catch up on the replies...
by Anonymous
November 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

The baby is SO needy right now, I hardly ever get to even put her down, so when I do, I'm constantly doing chores. I almost never get to relax. Plus, the two older ones bicker constantly and it stresses me out SO much. Plus the dh is very unhelpful and unnapreciative. He acts like I have it easy being a sahm. What he doesn't know is my life was MUCH easier when I was working outside the home before I had this baby. I went to work and basically got paid to mostly sit around reading  magazines, and sometimes fixing someone's hair and having a nice little chat. That's MUCH more pleasant than dealing with a fussy baby, bickering children, dirty toilets and an unnapreciative dh all day.

Sometimes I fantasize about what it would be like to just run away. If nothing else, it would make dh appreciate me and realize the value of what I do around here. Plus, it'd be nice to just do whatever I WANT all day for a change. I've forgotten what that's even like. I wouldn't, of course, I love my family with everything I have, and everytime I see that big smile baby girl gives me, I know it's all worth it. Sometimes when she's being particularly difficult I'll tell her, "You know, you're a pain in the butt, but even if taking care of you were 1000 times harder, I'd still be grateful I had you, because Mommy LOVES you!"

Do you think I could get away with dissapearing for a week and coming back claiming amnesia? LOL! J/K.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    I do everyday. So you aren't alone.
  • EmmaGlenn20
    November 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    I know exactly how you feel, I've been there many a time. I think we all feel this way at some point. I can promise you it gets better, though :) if not, you and I can go to the Bahamas for a week or two, okay? :P
  • CorpCityGrl
    November 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I do and I think we all feel that way at some point.

• AubreeGrace17
    November 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I feel the same way at times. It's totally normal.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

It's a deal. :P

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

I know exactly how you feel, I've been there many a time. I think we all feel this way at some point. I can promise you it gets better, though :) if not, you and I can go to the Bahamas for a week or two, okay? :P

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    Every day. But i would never come back
  • mom2bell
    Haha, yeah I do often!
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

I have 3 kids and I think about running away all the time!! 'Course I never would cuz I love my kids, but still...dreaming about it is ok.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    November 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    Yeah. I do.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    November 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Being a mom with older kids ..I most definitely have days I want to run away. Truth be told with my older ones leaving recently, trying to overcome some huge marital issues I have given a lot of thought to leaving. The biggest reason I am still here is I have to put on a happy face for a few more years til the younger kids are old enough to be on their own, at that point I really think I will vanish from all around me. (I may keep in touch with my kids though, just not anyone else involved in my life)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN